Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (26/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking first half from us, picked up where we left off last weekend.

I don't understand why Pep has chosen to empty our midfield again?

Rodri is completely exposed because Bernie is so high up and De Bruyne is so slow to even get back in.

Cancelo can't get out on his side and Everton more than happy for the centre backs to bring it up and have the onus on them to find something between the lines.

If we don't show more desire and urgency, we aren't winning this.
Not enough manpower to control midfield and the players who ARE getting forward and exposing our midfield in the process are still creating absolutely nothing. Ominuous.

Maybe pep is simply scared to upset people in the squad??? I truly cannot think of another reason to not make such obvious needed changes.

All these teams that have been playing shit all season raise their game when they play us,hopefully they’ll tire out second half.
This is the laziest excuse trooped out whenever we are not playing well. Blame the opposition for raising their game. Heres an Idea, how about we raise ours.

All these teams that have been playing shit all season raise their game when they play us,hopefully they’ll tire out second half.
There is no dynamism in our play. Everton are doing nothing differently than they would do against us at any point, they aren’t playing any better either. They will just love the fact that our CBs are spending half the game passing to each other. They can get in two banks of four and it’s easy to defend against. Everton haven’t stepped it up but we bloody need to.

Lucky you ;)
Not really. After dinner I had to watch the other 25 minutes of the half. That was ridiculously bad. I will never get how City can turn up so badly sometimes. You never see the scousers doing that, and putting in abject performances like they'd never played together before. We're not even close to the City we know. We're fucking miles off. Miles and miles. The bloody reserve team could have put in a better showing than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.