Match Thread | Man City vs Leicester (04/03/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BluePhil8 said:
Bony playing great, good hold up play, touches and passing. Created a fair few chances but it just hasn't gone in for him yet. That was a definite pen though.
Can't believe he missed that shot though. Everything was perfect. The movement, the control, the turn, and then that shot. I think (hope) once he scores, it'll open the flood gates, but he really needs that first one.

Pokes28 said:
Looking at the stats per an online app

City
65% possession
10 shots with 5 on goal
3 corners
8 crosses
6 fouls
1 offside

Leicester
35% possession
2 shots with 1 on goal
1 corner
2 crosses
1 foul
1 yellow card
Bit different than the on I'm watching

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Damocles said:
johnny on the spot said:
Ill-deserved perhaps, but let's build on it and kill them off early in the second half.

We've absolutely twatted them. We've had about 80% possession and they can't get out of their half. We should be 3-0 up

possession counts for zip all, we deserve to be ahead but we have not "twatted" them so far

I thought we did, some cracking stuff against a bus defense.

@BluePhil8 said:
Great half.

Not exactly solid at the back but Demichellis doing his best to mop everything up. Kolarov great going forward yet again.

Navas playing well, Silva sublime as per.

Bony playing great, good hold up play, touches and passing. Created a fair few chances but it just hasn't gone in for him yet. That was a definite pen though.

Might be an idea to have Navas run through the centre when Bony is holding up the ball as has done tonight. Silva and Toure don't have the pace to burst through in that way.

Damocles said:
johnny on the spot said:
Ill-deserved perhaps, but let's build on it and kill them off early in the second half.

We've absolutely twatted them. We've had about 80% possession and they can't get out of their half. We should be 3-0 up

Possession doesn't entitle us to goals. We haven't made the most of our dominance and they've had a couple of penalty shouts. I think Cambiasso has been excellent for them but he'll soon tire and I hope we'll go on to grab another couple in the second half. Aguero worries me as he looks extremely frustrated.

The first half started with a lot of promise and intent but credit must be given to Leicester for staying organised and so we struggled to break them down. With the struggles comes tension and negativity and with negative came wrong decisions and miscued passing and plays.

Aforementioned problems notwithstanding, we kept going and Bony once again has been quite unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Silva has looked the busiest player in the match with an incredible lofted ball for Bony and it is only befitting that he gets the first goal, which he did.

Obviously there is another fixture today that
ties with the optimism from this game but all the players can do get the three points and live to fight another day with no hope lost.

Hope Bony is given more time in the second half. I.e he survives the 60 minute standard operating procedure. The players have more than enough to get the three points and I am looking forward to a more efficient second half display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.