Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (30/07/14 @ Midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (30/07/14 @ Midnigh

Can't believe I stayed up to watch our second string lose on penos to Brenda's first team in front of a rawkish mob of my fellow muppet head Paddys holidaying in US venting their pent up anguish of not being able to display their premature champions 2014 t-shirts all summer in every shopping mall and street in this football forsaken shithole full of rags and dippers called Ireland. Christ I'll go in to work now and face muppet dippers smug over a friendly

proy said:
Enjoyed that. Few shouts for what my opinions worth.

We bossed 90% of that, you could argue that our best 11 didn't see the joint if you include Mangala

It's only a freindly

Liverpool will not be involved in a title race this season, they look bolloxed without the cannibal

Don't send Zuculini out on loan. What an absolute fucking bargain. Crackin player and he is ready now

What a beast fernando is. Looks like a thoroughbred horse when he gallops back

Jovetic is now in my fantasy team ( so pleased for him. This lad will be special this season if we keep him fit)

When yaya came on the game changed. The only way to accommodate him is him playing behind one striker with fernando and dinho on the cover. The midfield went missing when he came on.

Very pleased with our summer business. Shop window for one or two. If we can off load Garcia Boyata Sinclair Richards and bring in Mangala I will be a very happy man

We have the best 22 man squad in the league and some promising kids watching that.

That is all. Oh and congratulations Liverpool on yet another premier league title. Make sure you scream it from the New York skyline. I'll get the candles ready

On a serious note it really is a bad reflection on how far they have fallen when a practice game against our third's is celebrated like their greatest triumph since sliced bread was invented via a penalty shoot out.

I don't feel sorry for them but football in Liverpool is dying a natural death.

I wouldn't want to be at their wake when they lose at home to Leslie's Stoke this year for example.

Fernando looks a limited player but on the whole he reads the game well and will do a much needed job for us plugging the gaps in front of the defence.

Navas has looked very good in pre-season.

Hart looks like he has realized his place is under threat which is good because on the whole he looked sharp considering he has only been back since weekend.

Kolarov was decent, as was Clichy at right back (I think he has looked better there than when played at left back)

Jovetic could be the difference for us.

Zuculini looks very promising and looked the part at times.

Iheanacho showed moments of promise, exciting young player that lad is.

Richards, Boyata, Sinclair and Nastasic are all not good enough for our first XI.

Still gutted about the result because it was last years title rival, we played well on the whole and should have won but that's football, it might do us good losing that match like that as I think you can gain too much confidence in pre-season when in reality it can leave you in a false sense of security in my opinion.

sam-caddick said:
Fernando looks a limited player but on the whole he reads the game well and will do a much needed Jon for us plugging the gaps in front of the defence.

Hart looks like he has realised his place is under threat which is good because on the whole he looked sharp considering he has only been back since weekend.

Kolarov was decent, as was Clichy at right back (Ithink he has looked better there than when played at left back)

Richards, Boyata, Sinclair and Nastasic are all not good enough for our first XI.

Still gutted about the result because it was last years title rival, we played well on the whole and should have won but that's football, it might do us good losing that match like that as I think you can gain too much confidence in pre-season when in reality it can leave you in a false sense of security in my opinion.

Don't be too gutted Sam , its only a friendly and we weren't too keen to win it despite what the players would say afterwards.

The Arsenal game is the first of the games where we might really have a dip.

If our third's can actually match it with Liverpool's best eleven which I would doubt is the case at least over 38 games we are in pretty good shape.

Most of our players were just hoping they got through the game unscathed.

sam-caddick said:
Fernando looks a limited player but on the whole he reads the game well and will do a much needed job for us plugging the gaps in front of the defence.

Hart looks like he has realized his place is under threat which is good because on the whole he looked sharp considering he has only been back since weekend.

Kolarov was decent, as was Clichy at right back (I think he has looked better there than when played at left back)

We lost to Arsenal in Helsinki. a narrow defeat in the Audi Cup as well as losing the two friendlies in South Africa last season and it didn't do us any harm.

mancity1 said:
proy said:
Enjoyed that. Few shouts for what my opinions worth.

We bossed 90% of that, you could argue that our best 11 didn't see the joint if you include Mangala

It's only a freindly

Liverpool will not be involved in a title race this season, they look bolloxed without the cannibal

Don't send Zuculini out on loan. What an absolute fucking bargain. Crackin player and he is ready now

What a beast fernando is. Looks like a thoroughbred horse when he gallops back

Jovetic is now in my fantasy team ( so pleased for him. This lad will be special this season if we keep him fit)

When yaya came on the game changed. The only way to accommodate him is him playing behind one striker with fernando and dinho on the cover. The midfield went missing when he came on.

Very pleased with our summer business. Shop window for one or two. If we can off load Garcia Boyata Sinclair Richards and bring in Mangala I will be a very happy man

We have the best 22 man squad in the league and some promising kids watching that.

That is all. Oh and congratulations Liverpool on yet another premier league title. Make sure you scream it from the New York skyline. I'll get the candles ready

On a serious note it really is a bad reflection on how far they have fallen when a practice game against our third's is celebrated like their greatest triumph since sliced bread was invented via a penalty shoot out.

I don't feel sorry for them but football in Liverpool is dying a natural death.

I wouldn't want to be at their wake when they lose at home to Leslie's Stoke this year for example.

Don't get me started with the scousers. I have a new found hatred of them after last season. A part of me that I never knew was there. I no longer consider it a football club. It is a religious cult. Followed by dirty rats. Their ignorance knows no bounds. I am genuine when I say this, I would much prefer to be in a title race with the Salford reds. It was easier. Those giddy scousers last season were on a level I had never noticed before.

What pleases me is Brenda missed his boat last year. They will not get another go now until they start signing quality, I'll happily leave him in charge. He will take then backwards this season without that man eater. Liverpool fans don't realise just how vital he was last year. He took them from a 7th place team to a 2nd place team. With CL and without him they will be back in 7th again. Mark my words

sam-caddick said:

I agree except of being gutted and I also thought Nastasic looked mostly very solid today.

sam-caddick said:

Fernando is what it says on the tin. Does his job and moves it on. Like Barry on steroids.

He really impressed me.

sam-caddick said:

Hart looks like he has realised his place is under threat which is good because on the whole he looked sharp considering he has only been back since weekend.

Kolarov was decent, as was Clichy at right back (Ithink he has looked better there than when played at left back)

Zuculini looks very promising and looked the part at times. need to keep him with the First Team Squad.

Iheanacho showed moments of promise, exciting young player that lad is. will play for NYCFC next season.

Richards, Boyata, Sinclair and Nastasic are all not good enough for our first XI. Richards is losing value with every game, while Sinclair has looked as good as I've seen him in a few years. Still not good enough to keep out Nasri, Milner or Navas, though. Boyata? Well, hit and cold on him, tbh.

Still gutted about the result because it was last years title rival,we played well on the whole and should have won but that's football, it might do us good losing that match like that as I think you can gain too much confidence in pre-season when in reality it can leave you in a false sense of security in my opinion.

What he said....with the changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.