Match Thread | Man City vs Sevilla (02/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty poor performance in that half, regardless of the circumstances, it has to be said.

I am not quite sure what the point of Mahrez is at this point. He killed more of our attacks than Sevilla.

Gomez looks devoid of confidence, and between him and Dias, we gifted them their goal.

This shows how much we miss Rodri, Bernardo, and Kev when they don't play.

It’s far from pretty.

The front 3 create next to nothing. The Mahrez/Grealish partnership has proven time and time again to be impotent and yet Pep persists. Adding Alvarez into the mix hasn’t changed anything.

Gomez is tidy in possession but he defends like Zin did when he 1st arrived at the club. He falls asleep and is susceptible to the ball over his head.

Of the youngsters, Lewis has done ok. Palmer has been invisible for the most part.

Thankfully there is nothing on the game but it just feels like a continuation of our recent below-par performances.
Dias looks like half the player. No confidence

We have played just like this for a while regardless of team. The system doesn’t seem right. The players are trying from what I see but tactics are not working

On a serious (non-U2 related point) that is rather worrying to read. It has been my understanding that one of the things City do well - and have done well for a few years now - is there is a system and the 1st team plays it, the under-21s play it, the kids coming through play it (heck I bet even the ladies play it) so as younger prospective players come up through the various teams they can focus on physical development and stuff - but not find any surprises as regards the 'system'.

Maybe that isn't quite the truth.

I know it’ll come at the expense of Mahrez but let Palmer have that right wing. That cross field ball he played before the half ended is something Leicester Mahrez used to do.

Half has gone as expected. Although, I foresaw going into the half with a draw. The defending on the set piece was poor. Pep will let them know.

Grealish and Foden showed some good link up play early in the half. Alvarez pressing the keeper has caused them problems but lads need to find his runs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.