Match Thread | Man City vs Sevilla (02/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish some of the people who post on here would support a different team, of course Pep is trying to give some fringe players a chance, and if we lose tonight it won’t matter, but although we are 1-0 down, we have dominated the game and our fringe players have had half a game of experience. We could win this quite easily, but Pep might take the hit to give the fringe players more experience.
For me that’s the primary purpose of the night.
We cry out for them to get a chance. Well, mistakes will be made.
I’d like to see our senior players guide by example. Coach them through where they need to be.

The disappointment here is that as it stands we will have the 2nd worst record of the top teams in terms of points, the same as Spurs who have been poor and squeaked through last night.
We've completely switched off since qualification and sleep walked into the next round, playing as if it was a friendly match.
A tad dissapoinring.
Points mean fuck all in the knockout rounds.

Remember when we won every game bar the final?

Yeah, it didn’t help us much.

Must admit, I am finding watching City a bit of a grind of late, certainly since the derby.
Yeah. I thought we started the season pretty slowly, and the derby felt like a turning point, the moment when we - and especially Haaland, Foden, De Bruyne and Grealish - clicked. But since then, it‘s been a bit frustrating. Slow, laboured, awkward shape, bit toothless (by our standards).

We were through by the time we wiped the floor with the 3 other teams after the first round of games.

Hate the group stage of the champions league as the games are largely shit. Even tonight Sevilla have nothing to lose by trying to actually place but still park 10 behind the ball
Well there is an argument to keep a lot of the team in and keep winning
Too many changes for me

I’ve been critical of Grealish and specifically his G/A output. What I will credit him for is that he actually plays like he cares. Neither him or Mahrez are producing the goods but of the two of them at least Grealish looks arsed.

people kick off when we dont play the kids in these type of games then when we do act surprised when its clunky.its good experience in a game that dosnt matter
It may be good experience, but some are at an age where they should be staking a claim for 1st team, and they have played the same system from academy to here, so no reason it should ve clunky, it should be a straight forward transition for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.