Match Thread: Manchester City F.C v Leicester City

I wouldn't bet on Mancini putting out his best suite at Leicester because it's a clear opportunity for him to give some youngsters a run out and to rest players who'll be key to our forward challenges in the Prem and Europe.
For Leicester this is more or less their Wembly - thje whole town should turn out and the team will be instructed to be as physical as possible to take the edge off the chasm in skill levels - Why needlessly put a prized asset on the pitch where a bad injury from a (no disrespect) over-enthusiastic tackle?
I see it as another professional display where Mancini puts out a side good enough for the job but nothing more.
The only realistic exception is, I suppose, that he might give Balotelli a run out for 60 minutes to give him some much needed game time if his knee's up to it.
As much as I love the guy I don't expect to see Silva on the pitch or even perhaps the bench because he's too important to forward plans and isn't required at that level of game especially as he'll still be sore as hell.
I think 2-0 or 3-1 in a quite tight game (Svens no fool - he'll have a plan to work to). Also recon that Leicester's lads will raise their game and put on an a good display but not good enough.
Should be a good game to watch and should be a memorable occasion for the good folk of Leicester.

Silva is already ruled out according to Ladyman on Twitter, but will be fit for Wolves.

This could be a shock because City will have a lot of tiredness in their 1st choice players after a hectic spell of fixtures. And the arsenal game was very intense. The players need to recover physically and mentally. After we played Utd in the Derby, we played Birmingham a few days later and failed to score. These games take it out of the players - especially if they are on the back of a big run of fixtures

Might be better to change a lot of players so that we are playing physically fresh players who have something to prove

Good that it's a sell out. Sometimes Premiership players can get complacent in Cup games

______________Given_______________
Richards___Boateng__Lescott___Kolarov
________________Jô________________

Bench:

Taylor,

Boyata,
Bridge/Zabaleta,

de Jong,
M Johnson/Ibrahim,

Tévez,
Guidetti/Nimely.

If Zabaletas ban isn't lifted could he still play in this seeing as it's not the prem? I would if it's possible and if he gets a ban, as we may as well play him now if he wont be playing for 3-4 prem games.

Hart
Richards Boyata Lescott Kolarov

Swp Vieira Ibrahim Johnson

Nimely Dzeko/Tevez

Bench - Taylor
Warbara
Boating
Guidetii
Dzeko/Tevez
Jo
Milner

Fox1651 said:
Im a Leicester City fan and just wondered what you guys think the score will be? good luck for the rest of the season

It won't be by any means easy. We conceded 2 at Scunthorpe last year, albeit a different team but still. Yes we have a better team and obviously we will be favourites but its the FA Cup and i imagine Leicester will make up for what they lack in work-rate which is something we have not always got to grips with.

Hopefully i can see us pulling off a win but not the most convincing one especially without Silva and some other key players. An early lead and i think and we'll finish around 2-0 depending on who is defending, again though it won't be an easy task. Mancini won't play a strong squad but he won't want an upset, can see SWP and Johnson all starting other than that not sure, i can see a win but not a big one. Should be a quality game.

players that i think need a rest, yaya, kompany, de jong, barry
players that i wouldnt risk for the game, silva and balotelli

my lineup

................Tevez
...A.Johnson..........SWP
.................Milner
......M.Johnson....Vieira
Kolarov..Lescott..Kolo..Boateng
...................Given

I would have liked to use another forward, but Jo is fucking useless, Balotelli injured, and Dzeko wont be available

We should select a reasonably strong eleven at Leicester as we don't really need another tough, bruising and nail-biting game ;

Hart
Boateng-Lescott-Kompany-Zabaleta
Toure-De Jong-Milner
Johnson-Tevez-Jo

subs.
Given-Richards-Vieira-Kolarov-Yaya-Barry-Adebayor(?)

lionheart said:
We should select a reasonably strong eleven at Leicester as we don't really need another tough, bruising and nail-biting game ;

Hart
Boateng-Lescott-Kompany-Zabaleta
Toure-De Jong-Milner
Johnson-Tevez-Jo

subs.
Given-Richards-Vieira-Kolarov-Yaya-Barry-Adebayor(?)

Well Zaba might indeed make the team 'cos his red card appeal has been upheld and he's free to play again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.