Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (12/01/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oakiecokie said:
jollylescott said:
What are the odds the ref is going to send off one of our players? I think Zab and Fernan are on yellows. They are both in danger. I don't think Nasri is giving Zab enough protection.

Vinny and Demichelis both saving us at the back.

This is why either Navas or Milner should come on in place of the piss poor Nasri and you can`t say that too often this season.

It looks to me like Nasri was told to play higher up, as he has been up by the strikers at times, and he always follows coach's instructions. I don't understand why, though, because he is so good playing from deeper and working it forward. I think if we took a striker off for Milner or Navas, then we could get a better grip on the game and actually get Nasri/Silva clicking here.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Those saying it was offside, would you not be slightly aggrieved if we were losing 1-0 and that happened to us?

I would be fuming.

I would be pissed off but the player stood in front of Hart is interfering with play, IMO any player on the pitch is interfering with play otherwise what are they doing on the pitch.

The ref will even this up second half he's not having the best of games can see this going to 10 v 10

So whats the difference from that goal today and the first goal we scored @ The Swamp last season???

rugbyblue said:
hertsblue said:
Hopefully we can regroup at half time.
Ref has lost it big time. Every foul for us seems to be a yellow now and anything soft now will be given to Newcastle 2nd half. 80% possession they had in the last 15 mins. Keep that up and we will lose this.
Need to get a grip in the middle but they are playing like they are possessed at the moment

This. He's been letting them get away with a lot of fouling, wheras Ferna and Zab got yellows for comparatively minor challenges. They should be down to 10 men now, with 4-5 yellows if he wasn't being onesided in his card decisions (yes I know they have 2 yellow, but one was entirely self-inflicted for kicking the ball away in a temper tantrum).

fair yellows in my book, we need to just get on playing our game, extra man in midfield will give us that

Gaylord du Bois said:
oakiecokie said:
wattle said:
Did you just say silva garbage??? You no absolutely nothing about football mate. Were you watching the first half hour?

You need to look at his final pass !! I gave up the number of times he`s either given it away or overhit the ball.Take your Blue Specs off and look at realism not fantasy.Yes even Silva can have a poor game !!
Go on oakie son. Don't take that laying down.

Oakie in one way you're right having a below par game but wasn't that Silva's perfectly weighted ball that Kolarov didn't have to break stride for to assist our goal. They feel aggrieved and are charging around pressing the ball. Space will come and that is when Silva and Nasri will come into their own. Still winning away so enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.