Match Thread | Real Madrid vs Man City (09/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna have to be braver on the ball and stop passing it around aimlessly. We end up losing it anyways and that’s when Madrid are most dangerous. They really aren’t great without the ball we need to punish them. Time for haaland to turn up in a big game

Haaland needs to contribute more, he was marked out of the away game by Rudiger last year and same up to now today. Need more movement either with Alvarez or false 9

Garbage that.

We are playing an extra man in the middle but you wouldn’t know from watching it.

Real are playing the most rudimentary tactics possible…defend, watch City pass it sideways and at some point we will give them the ball and break quick. Nothing fancy but effective because everything about our play (in and out of possession all season) is slow as fuck.

I have sympathy for Haaland most weeks because he is normally up against at least two defenders. Not tonight. They’ve left him 1v1 against Rudiger a number of times and Haaland has lost them all. It’s not good enough.

Kovacic looks completely out of his depth.

Ortega has shown that it’s one thing playing in the prem against shite, with largely nothing to do. It’s another thing entirely stepping out against Real in the Bernabeu in a CL QF.

As it stands, we look vulnerable every time they go forward. We have to be careful that this isn’t over tonight.

We are not doing bad but basically keep possession without looking to score. That’s a problem as we are giving the ball away

To me Halaand is a passenger (may not be his fault) and so we are offering nothing in the final 3rd

Not really sure that's the problem.... we can't seem to get the ball from midfield even into Foden, so I'm not sure we can get it to Alvarez either

I don't think the lineup is the problem, it's our midfielders playing very sloppily and our build-up play being too tentative
He’ll work though give Rudiger something to think about CR

We scored a good goal and conceded 2 unlucky ones. They're hitting us with pace primarily on their left and we simply don't have the pace to deal with it without Kyle.

Bit sloppy on the ball all over the pitch, Foden isn't getting enough of the ball and we're not creating enough for Haaland.

Got to tighten up, stop losing the ball so much and get numbers up the pitch in quality attacking situations. A narrow defeat isn't the end of the world, but of course a draw or win is better - and sitting back hoping they won't score again is a risk too.
Id take a narrow defeat all day now..sadly you can see 3 or 4 : 1 here .. cant chase the ewualiser. If it comes great but..3 or 4 were fked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.