Match Thread | Slovan Bratislava vs. Man City (01/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is slagging off this Slovan team but it took a deflection and a brilliant strike from some distance. We are struggling to create clear-cut chances. Instead, we only have lots of shots from outside of the box and a bunch of crosses. Poor, overall.

I agree. I don't want to sound like an entitled Rag/ Dipper and god knows I've lived through dark days supporting this club, but we are really not entertaining or exciting to watch at the moment. Something not gelling at the moment.
Agree it’s a bit shit as we should really be kicking on but with lack of new signings this summer and a few players probably in their final year it all looks a bit stale. Crazy we only have one striker & having no option does slow us down.

I don’t see any improvement from last season in the team this season. We are good but I’m not sure we have progressed enough to win this cup this season

This is why the new format is daft, City could run the risk of running up a rugby score and getting nothing out of the game, Plus the chances of picking up an injury to another key player will be in the back of the minds

Haaland Foden Gundogan should not be coming out in the 2nd half because its pointless
Good points. As for the players, I agree on Haaland but the other two haven’t yet going this season and need to play to get rhythm; after all, there’s only Fulham and then annother international break.

Would this lot beat Watford?

Not sure they would. I know we put a weaker team out in that game but they're Championship level aren't they?

It's a glorified practice match.

Erling isn't needed in this game, it's just as well because he's got no service.

Our wingers need to be a little cuter, some of their crosses into the box are shite!
Not just the wingers, take out the back 4's passes and our pass accuracy would be down to 75%. As for shots- cows arse and banjo come to mind.

Good to see Phil looking sharper. Doku demonstrating what he can do against poor defenders. Big Erl could take a chair out there for the second half. Gundo is clearly being played back into form. (He sure ain’t there yet) Nunes and Savinho a bit meh. Need to up the tempo and concentration in the second half. We should be scoring six minimum against this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.