Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (11/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna single out any player for criticism coz they've all been equally wank.
There are players in that team like Phillips who has had a long time out, Alvarez who is still adjusting to us and Palmer who is 19 who you let off somewhat.

Senior players like Grealish who should be leading us in the forward line in games like this yet has been as ineffective and involved in the game as little as the 19 year old on the other side… Gundogan, Foden, Laporte, Walker, Cancelo… all very disappinting.

I endured the shittest most stressful day at work too by just thinking about there being a City match at the end of it and everything will be alright. I might log back on.

I don’t like bagging out players for shit performances and I don’t like turning off the game before full time. But I’m close to doing both today.

4 goals only in the first 15 minutes i think they said we have had all season, just too slow starting and too much side and back passing which we are actually getting worse at by constantly messing up simple passes and passing to the opposition to set up their attacks and our midfield all have lead boots on and no pace to catch the attacking players
We used to win games by starting fast and scoring 2 or 3 early, those days seem a distant memory…the same as a team with pace

Grealish and Palmer - neither anywhere near Mahrez's level. Foden non existent. Alvarez invisible.

I’ve never understood the calls for him to start in central midfield. He’s not strong or physical enough for the role. He anonymous in the position.

First of all I like the username. Secondly, he’s definitely been most involved but his end product is woeful. He needs 10 crosses to find a man and his shot forever hits the man in front of him as he doesn’t shift the ball enough to make space for it
Found Palmer unmarked in the box - our best chance of the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.