Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (11/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely pathetic performance to be honest.

Jack the only one who looks like he even wants to be out there.

Cole needs a loan - not a slight on him or his quality but you need to be seriously special and lucky to force your way in here and I think badly timed injuries robbed him of that chance last season. Getting minutes in games like this are doing nothing for his development.

Cancelo, a joke. At least it seems Pep has finally lost patience with him.

Gomez, feel sorry for him but he's way out of his depth. Looked a top prospect in Belgium but you can never tell how it'll translate to the top level.

Phillips hasn't been great positionally but it is his first start after all.

Ortega has been great for us so far, but that was an absolute howler.

I expect so much more from Gundo.

I can never understand playing Cancelo right back, It's like asking Oscar Pistorius to wax his legs.

Cancelo is fabulous out on the left, He's obviously more comfortable on that side. Hopefully he goes left back in the second half, Take Gomez off and put Akanji on.
Cuz Pep wants to give Gomez a last chance....

Not quite sure what we were trying to do there. Back to inverted FBs and back to slow build-up play, sloppy passing and poor decision making. I can hardly remember Alvarez touching the ball. They scored two very well taken goals but really all stemmed from our mistakes.

Not really creating anything. I hope we try traditional FBs 2nd half and a bit more measured passing and movement.

Even at 2-0 down, I don't really feel the game is over. Buck our ideas up and there's still something in this game for us.
Unless something changes I can see us shipping more goals. Cancelo and Gomez are causing us more problems than any Saints players.

And if we lose the derby ?

That's the spirit.

I'm saying he's right to prioritise it. People in here suggesting we bring on KDB and Haaland are mental and if Pep did that and they underperformed against the rags (or got injured) they'd rightly criticise him for risking them in this Micky Mouse trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.