Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (11/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst half of football since Pearce - shocking - Gomez hopeless Palmer useless and Philips clueless and that’s just the start of it - embarrassing

Am not for making excuses but doesn’t anyone else think there is a bit of colour clash ?
I’m having to watch it on my phone and it is hard to tell who is who. Our red and white tops are novel and to be 2-0 up away at half time is good

Fuck me I cannot believe we’re making Southampton look good

If we don’t sign a left back in the window, we are fucked this season. Cancelo is a mess currently, Gomez wouldn’t get a game for Stockport Counry and Ake whilst being a good defender, doesn’t offer enough attacking support, particularly if we progress in the CL. Why we keep overlooking this area is beyond me.

Reactions: flb
Not quite sure what we were trying to do there. Back to inverted FBs and back to slow build-up play, sloppy passing and poor decision making. I can hardly remember Alvarez touching the ball. They scored two very well taken goals but really all stemmed from our mistakes.

Not really creating anything. I hope we try traditional FBs 2nd half and a bit more measured passing and movement.

Even at 2-0 down, I don't really feel the game is over. Buck our ideas up and there's still something in this game for us.
Disagree mate tbh , we don’t look arsed from the full 11 on the pitch, the whole team is having a mare , back 4 is atrocious, clueless upfront , absolutely nothing going forward , closed down in all areas of the pitch , the worst display in Peps tenure by a country mile.

Walker and Cancelo on the same side didn't work against Chelsea and its not working again tonight, Gomez has been abysmal in that first 45 minutes I'll be shocked if he's back out in the second half. Then again take your pick who can come off, All 11 spots up for grabs.

Southampton deserve the lead they are up for it. We haven't turned up.
Yeah it’s hard to see it when we are so so bad, but they have bullied us and fully deserve it. Pressed us high up the pitch and our back 4 and Phillips and Gundo haven’t been able to offer anything. They have won everything and we have had no answer to it.

The downgrade in having Phillips as back up when we used to have Fernandinho is terrifying! It’s very early days for Phillips but I’m concerned we have made a huge mistake signing him and letting Lavia go.

For once the gloom of the match day thread is appropriate. Passing was appalling and that's one thing we can normally rely on. With them pressing so much, surely we can beat it and counterattack. Seems like there's nothing presenting when we do occasionally get past their midfield. We just give it away.. And what's with unlikely worldy goals being scored bt players that have never done it this season?
Keeper didn’t do great for either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.