Match Thread | Wolves vs. Man City (20/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've played pretty well with the ball, not so well without it. Should really be a goal or two up but they're a threat on the break.

Not really happening for Gundogan yet and I'd be tempted to bring Foden on for him or Savinho.

I think though if we continue to play the same 2nd half, Wolves will tire and we should win this.
Esp with his booking Savinho (or Gundo) should be first change for me.

Another fucking opposition keeper worldie!!!
Not really. Good keepers should stop those shots. When shooting from a bit out you are looking for the top corner or a deflection if a quality keeper is on it. We are not creating enough clear cut chances. Haaland may as well be back in Norway. But its our defence that is the bigger concern moving deeper into the season. We might need 2 to win this one can we do it? Yes hopefully.

We’ve been okay, moved the ball quickly which is good but it’s been a bit scrappy. But when any team is missing their three best starting midfielders, it will impact them. When those players are Rodri, Foden and de Bruyne, it is huge.

Ederson made another big save and Gvardiol another big goal (what a fucking goal it was n’all!) - by far our best players this season.

Seeing Lewis make the same defensive mistakes is a concern. Gündoğan still looks miles off it and he’s had a two week break. And Haaland needs to get in the game. But it’s a good base to work from in the second half because the way we’ve moved the ball quickly will have fatigued then somewhat.

I know this is probably not negative enough for the match thread. But I actually think we played really well, and have had lots of decent chances. On another day, we'd be 3-0 up and cruising but Wolves have gotten lucky on a couple of occasions (and to be fair the assist for their goal was De Bruyne-esque).

Just need to find a goal or two in the second half. I wouldn't change anything, we're absolutely murdering them.

Agree.

I thought we did well as well. Got into some fabulous positions cutting through to the byline putting in some crosses that weren’t quite good enough.

They’re keeper with two top class saves. Just have to keep at it. Maybe Phil for Gundo on the hour to pull some strings..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.