Matchday Parking

Went 2 weeks ago and the new signs up at Asda to change it to 3 hours on non match days and only 90 minutes on a match day :(
Ah this makes sense why I’ve had a letter through from Parking Eye this morning about parking on there for the Spurs game.

Luckily only a warning, guess that’s because of the sudden terms change!

They'll be closed from 5 so we'll not be inconveniencing anyone by taking up spaces.

Ah this makes sense why I’ve had a letter through from Parking Eye this morning about parking on there for the Spurs game.

Luckily only a warning, guess that’s because of the sudden terms change!
Waiting for my letter, noticed the sign change at the spurs game but was running late so didn’t have time to go to another car park, in hindsight maybe I should have just gone straight home rather than rushing to the game….

Impossible you say. There are loads of places to park a little bit further away. In this day and age you can’t expect to park 2 mins walk from the ground like in the good old days
I used to park about ten minutes walk away, just off Ashton new road. When others cottoned on this WASN'T a residents only, it started to get busier. The residents started to complain about football traffic and it was made residential
I then started to park on Riverpark industrial estate and bought one of their season tickets for £100.
After a season I realised that it was as safe to park on the road outside, which I started . But post covid, the car park on the industrial estate hasn't reopened and numerous other car parks haven't
This has now led to hundreds, if not 1000's of cars trying to find matchday parking on the roads
Unless I'm on Riverpark road two hours before a game, I've no chance of finding a space on there
With all the car parks being closed, it's forcing drivers to park on residential streets a bit further out and the problem is (and it won't be long) when the residents start complaining about matchday parking on their street and the council changing to residents only

I live in mid Cheshire
When I drive in, it takes me just over an hour
If I travel by train, (my only other option) it takes an hour and twenty to Piccadilly
My friend used to park and ride from Ashton, until one evening he got back to his car and he and numerous other blues found their tyres slashed

I used to park about ten minutes walk away, just off Ashton new road. When others cottoned on this WASN'T a residents only, it started to get busier. The residents started to complain about football traffic and it was made residential
I then started to park on Riverpark industrial estate and bought one of their season tickets for £100.
After a season I realised that it was as safe to park on the road outside, which I started . But post covid, the car park on the industrial estate hasn't reopened and numerous other car parks haven't
This has now led to hundreds, if not 1000's of cars trying to find matchday parking on the roads
Unless I'm on Riverpark road two hours before a game, I've no chance of finding a space on there
With all the car parks being closed, it's forcing drivers to park on residential streets a bit further out and the problem is (and it won't be long) when the residents start complaining about matchday parking on their street and the council changing to residents only

I live in mid Cheshire
When I drive in, it takes me just over an hour
If I travel by train, (my only other option) it takes an hour and twenty to Piccadilly
My friend used to park and ride from Ashton, until one evening he got back to his car and he and numerous other blues found their tyres slashed
I drive in from Rossendale usually and I park on the Bradford Rd side of the ground. If you’re prepared to walk 10 or 15 mins you can always find somewhere to park and I’m not an early arriver - anytime up to 30mins before kick off is fine.

There is no one size fits all solution. If you’ve got say 20,000 cars (?) showing up then a mega airport style parking lot is impractical - you’d be stuck there hours after the final whistle. Better public transport would only alleviate the problem slightly - people like the convenience and comfort of their own cars.

It’ll sort itself out organically, people will find places to park and new unofficial car parks will spring up to meet demand

The Asda car park freebie has finally ended. They have moved to 90mins parking on match days, I’ve had a warning letter from parking eye after the Spurs game.

The Asda car park freebie has finally ended. They have moved to 90mins parking on match days, I’ve had a warning letter from parking eye after the Spurs game.
£70 fine for non compliance in the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.