Matchday Parking

Yep nailed me pal, I didn’t read it carefully enough. So the bad news is where I park now is on the list but the good news is that literally only 100 yds away there are streets that aren’t.

That said, if this gains any traction it would seem to make sense from their point of view to make the whole area between Bradford Rd and Oldham Rd an exclusion zone.

What’s your gut feeling - is it just a matter of time before these restrictions are implemented ?
I think they will (drivers are the new smokers) and it may be implemented season after next. It seems the excuse is the new arena

@chesterbells I looked at Holmes Chapel to Piccadilly and the train takes 45 minutes, so by the time I've driven to Holmes Chapel I may as well get on the train at greenbank

The logistics of getting to the game and back will stop me from attending

We usually park on wolverton street and Manchester Breakdown service over the past 2 games have decided to start blocking the road off illegally. Been parking there 10 years! Rang them up and asked them why and they said for our vehicles safety and if we try park there again they will smash a truck in to it. Advised it's a public road and they cant just block it off. See what happens tonight. Also a guy down there charges people a fiver to again park on a public road. Please stop giving him money to park there if you do

Thanks for the heads up Dickie. Where I currently park fortunately isn’t on that list but obviously as people who park on the listed streets look for space elsewhere it becomes more difficult for everyone to find a spot.

How the fuck do they expect people to get to the ground if they implement a miles wide exclusion zone ? There are only a finite number of businesses with enough space to accommodate match day parking. Public transport seems to be wholly inadequate judging by the threads on here. Huge problems are incoming.

I guarantee you some prick at the council will have a plan for most supporters to arrive on foot or by bicycle by the year 2030 or some other such nonsense.
You can submit your views on the parking scheme even if you don't live in the area - I did last night on the website. What winds me up about it is that it drags in streets fans park on which are not residential at all. I can understand not wanting people to clog up estates and terraced streets in Ancoats, Beswick, Miles Platting but to drag in the lanes around Clayton Vale, Phillips Park almost up to Newton Heath border etc is opportunism, especially as matchday trams aren't the best. I gather residents in Clayton aren't that keen and can understand why, they've done a similar thing where my folks live in Withington and it's a nightmare if you have visitors.

Anyone know who the complete sharks are who run the big car park on Philips Park Rd behind the athletics stadium. Of course both gates will be open, of course you won't get blocked in blah blah blah. Wankers.

Probably means a half mile further walk until those streets get sucked in, however visitor passes will be at a premium.

I didn’t notice the sign had changed also just received one from the derby day and presume one will be coming for the Sporting Lisbon game also. I don’t think they can enforce the tickets.

. . . . . . . .

The logistics of getting to the game and back will stop me from attending
This is my main issue too! Forty mins in the car, anything up to an hour and a half when public transport meets its published timetable. The second issue is getting to the ground 'early'. I used to set off two hours before kick off - pie, Bovril, read the proggy, watch the City Square stuff, but the 'new' car park arrangements have me setting off three hours before kick off. Yer soon get fed up of a ninety+ min game of football taking six hours out of a day.

Any idea why that closed? I remember asking a while ago and I don’t think people were too sure - shame as used to park there for years
I parked there from the time we first moved into the Etihad. The company who own it now make more money from the lorries in there and the owner is now looking to sell it for housing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.