Matchday Parking

I drive in from Rossendale usually and I park on the Bradford Rd side of the ground. If you’re prepared to walk 10 or 15 mins you can always find somewhere to park and I’m not an early arriver - anytime up to 30mins before kick off is fine.

There is no one size fits all solution. If you’ve got say 20,000 cars (?) showing up then a mega airport style parking lot is impractical - you’d be stuck there hours after the final whistle. Better public transport would only alleviate the problem slightly - people like the convenience and comfort of their own cars.

It’ll sort itself out organically, people will find places to park and new unofficial car parks will spring up to meet demand
Have you seen the post below?
Where I currently park is on the list, as is Bradford Road and the surrounding streets
with apologies if already posted elsewhere, consultation is out for changes to the residents parking scheme around Eastlands

Have you seen the post below?
Where I currently park is on the list, as is Bradford Road and the surrounding streets
Thanks for the heads up Dickie. Where I currently park fortunately isn’t on that list but obviously as people who park on the listed streets look for space elsewhere it becomes more difficult for everyone to find a spot.

How the fuck do they expect people to get to the ground if they implement a miles wide exclusion zone ? There are only a finite number of businesses with enough space to accommodate match day parking. Public transport seems to be wholly inadequate judging by the threads on here. Huge problems are incoming.

I guarantee you some prick at the council will have a plan for most supporters to arrive on foot or by bicycle by the year 2030 or some other such nonsense.

I then started to park on Riverpark industrial estate
Any idea why that closed? I remember asking a while ago and I don’t think people were too sure - shame as used to park there for years

I used to park about ten minutes walk away, just off Ashton new road. When others cottoned on this WASN'T a residents only, it started to get busier. The residents started to complain about football traffic and it was made residential
I then started to park on Riverpark industrial estate and bought one of their season tickets for £100.
After a season I realised that it was as safe to park on the road outside, which I started . But post covid, the car park on the industrial estate hasn't reopened and numerous other car parks haven't
This has now led to hundreds, if not 1000's of cars trying to find matchday parking on the roads
Unless I'm on Riverpark road two hours before a game, I've no chance of finding a space on there
With all the car parks being closed, it's forcing drivers to park on residential streets a bit further out and the problem is (and it won't be long) when the residents start complaining about matchday parking on their street and the council changing to residents only

I live in mid Cheshire
When I drive in, it takes me just over an hour
If I travel by train, (my only other option) it takes an hour and twenty to Piccadilly
My friend used to park and ride from Ashton, until one evening he got back to his car and he and numerous other blues found their tyres slashed
An hour and 20 from mid-Cheshire?
It only takes an hour by train from Chester mate.
If I were you I’d try maybe driving to a closer station, then train to Picca and walk in/out to the match. That’s an option I’ve used a fair bit.

Any idea why that closed? I remember asking a while ago and I don’t think people were too sure - shame as used to park there for years
I heard the parking company that ran it went bust
An hour and 20 from mid-Cheshire?
It only takes an hour by train from Chester mate.
If I were you I’d try maybe driving to a closer station, then train to Picca and walk in/out to the match. That’s an option I’ve used a fair bit.
Yes, an hour 20 from Greenbank in Northwich. It's a real slow boat

Thanks for the heads up Dickie. Where I currently park fortunately isn’t on that list but obviously as people who park on the listed streets look for space elsewhere it becomes more difficult for everyone to find a spot.

How the fuck do they expect people to get to the ground if they implement a miles wide exclusion zone ? There are only a finite number of businesses with enough space to accommodate match day parking. Public transport seems to be wholly inadequate judging by the threads on here. Huge problems are incoming.

I guarantee you some prick at the council will have a plan for most supporters to arrive on foot or by bicycle by the year 2030 or some other such nonsense.
There are two lists on that consultation
One is for permanent residents only parking and the other is for restricted time parking. The second one is the list where Bradford Road is included

There are two lists on that consultation
One is for permanent residents only parking and the other is for restricted time parking. The second one is the list where Bradford Road is included
Yep nailed me pal, I didn’t read it carefully enough. So the bad news is where I park now is on the list but the good news is that literally only 100 yds away there are streets that aren’t.

That said, if this gains any traction it would seem to make sense from their point of view to make the whole area between Bradford Rd and Oldham Rd an exclusion zone.

What’s your gut feeling - is it just a matter of time before these restrictions are implemented ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.