Matchday Parking

I am 226 miles away from the Etihad so don't have a great deal of options. I can do it, with a short stop at Tebay, in 3 1/2 hours. Getting away after the game is slightly more troublesome ;-)
Well, yer've got the nicest service station on the M6 to stop at. Once stopped at Tebay and bought some Cumberland sausages from the farm shop, and then asked the guy serving whether they were genuine Cumberland sausages made in Cumberland (bugger Cumbria!) 'cos I didn't want any fakes that were made in Westmorland. I dunno, he said, I'm from Malaga!

Well, yer've got the nicest service station on the M6 to stop at. Once stopped at Tebay and bought some Cumberland sausages from the farm shop, and then asked the guy serving whether they were genuine Cumberland sausages made in Cumberland (bugger Cumbria!) 'cos I didn't want any fakes that were made in Westmorland. I dunno, he said, I'm from Malaga!
Like it. Its very good indeed. I find myself drawn to the butchers I have to say.

One day the guy behind the counter asked if i wanted anything. I told him I was admiring his meat. Can't understand why he looked at me in such a peculiar way....

Seriously though. It is by far the best motorway stop in the country and all power to the farmer and his family that had the vision to establish and run it.

Just read the proposals on the MEN website and didn't realise until now that the restrictions will also include introducing a 90 minute time limit on the non-residential streets around the industrial estates along briscoe lane, lord north st etc!

Absolute joke, nothing to do with residents parking just a money spinner for this anti-car council.

Obviously them clowns have never tried getting to the ground on a match day using public transport. Are they expecting 50,000 fans to have to descend on Manchester City centre via various routes and methods each match day so that they can all then walk to the ground or are they expecting everyone to squeeze into a couple of metrolink carriages and a handful of buses?

So it will have to be public transport into Manchester City centre, which is actually travelling in completely the wrong direction for anyone coming from many parts of Manchester, followed by a 2mile walk to the Etihad and back?
The 90 minutes will apply every day as well, not just match days. Families won't be popping over for a couple of hours then!!

Yeah - I've had loads of sausage from truck stops over the years.

Like it. Its very good indeed. I find myself drawn to the butchers I have to say.

One day the guy behind the counter asked if i wanted anything. I told him I was admiring his meat. Can't understand why he looked at me in such a peculiar way....

Seriously though. It is by far the best motorway stop in the country and all power to the farmer and his family that had the vision to establish and run it.
The new TV series based on Tebay services starts again on Ch4 on Saturday at 8.15. I found the first series very interesting.

No I am not the publicist for Ch4! :-)

The new TV series based on Tebay services starts again on Ch4 on Saturday at 8.15. I found the first series very interesting.

I watched the first series and really enjoyed it

Seeing as how this thread has become a Tebay love-in, can I mention that the same owners have applied for permission to build and run a service station near the Bowdon roundabout off J7 of the M56.
They willl make a fortune round there in the centre of the gin-and-Jaguar belt. Their food is great but not cheap. I can also confirm that Tebay Services sell the best sausage rolls in the UK in my view.

The joys of being a football fan.
I deferred my Season card due to covid as I was working overseas and couldn’t get back.
I managed to return to the UK just as the season started. I have been to three chumps league games all season. I miss match-day, but I don’t miss all the shite that goes with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.