Matchday "safety" changes

There must have been a malfunction. Sat there for ages trying to get out onto the main road. Once everybody realised that the lights were stuck on red, we just all piled out.

There were tossers in orange jackets sat manually changing the lights by pressing a button in a big grey junction box - or there was at the junction onto ATway opposite the asda exit. He left everyone trying to get out of asda (we were being picked up this time, being heavily preg is my excuse!) stuck on red for 15 bloody minutes while letting everyone left and right along ATway and out of the east stand car park. Doubt asda will be happy as some (foolish) shoppers must get caught in it too.

There were tossers in orange jackets sat manually changing the lights by pressing a button in a big grey junction box - or there was at the junction onto ATway opposite the asda exit. He left everyone trying to get out of asda (we were being picked up this time, being heavily preg is my excuse!) stuck on red for 15 bloody minutes while letting everyone left and right along ATway and out of the east stand car park. Doubt asda will be happy as some (foolish) shoppers must get caught in it too.

Ah - that might explain it. I hope this is not going to be a regular thing.

As more people realise that you can work through gate one unchallenged, ,more people will choose this route. If they attempt to turn people back at gate one there will be trouble. So pretty soon we will be back to square one.

Agree with people saying that walking down Alan Turing way means you have to walk on the road, recipe for disaster IMO. Not great for cyclists on Alan Turing way either.

If feels like they have introduced the system to benefit people paying for on site parking, hence increasing revenue!
Exactly. The lower down the pecking order you are, the less you matter. Pedestrians/ cyclists should get priority.

Found it much better. Saw everyone still legging it up towards the gas tower, but we turned right as per the new flow, then into the coned off pedestrian walkway along ATW towards Briscoe Lane. The big difference was that they had restricted parking on one side of the road only on Briscoe going up towards Ten Acres Lane, whereas last season it was rammed on both sides, meaning that when a bus came down there it was standstill and chaos.

We park at the Merc garage on Briscoe, so with the one side parking it was flowing, got away in record time! Well done City! :)

Last edited:
Better tonight.

Clearly marked stating 2 separate lanes for car/coach park & pedestrian exit.

Did any pedestrians try exiting gate 1 but were met with resistance?

Is there someone deliberately planning it so that a fleet of articulated lorries arrive back at the depot near Vermillion 10 mins after the final whistle?

I decided to park at the ground last night as I had my son and my parents with me (my mum's not too good on her feet so parking further away and walking wasn't really an option).

I won't be doing that again. It was chaos in the Blue Car Park. Not sure if it's always like that, but it look a ridiculously long amount of time to get out of there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.