Matchday "safety" changes

I assume reducing AT Way to one lane was to give a wider pavement for pedestrians but they could have left it as two lanes as the right lane couldn't turn into Briscoe Lane.
It looked like all cars leaving on sport City Way had to turn left onto AT Way (not sure about that though) so it's no wonder it took so long to get out the car park. It made no difference to me as a pedestrian getting to a car park on Bradford Road.

As more people realise that you can work through gate one unchallenged, ,more people will choose this route. If they attempt to turn people back at gate one there will be trouble. So pretty soon we will be back to square one.

Agree with people saying that walking down Alan Turing way means you have to walk on the road, recipe for disaster IMO. Not great for cyclists on Alan Turing way either.

If feels like they have introduced the system to benefit people paying for on site parking, hence increasing revenue!

What had happened at the traffic lights mate,to go onto Alan Turing way,seems as though most were coming through red lights ?

There must have been a malfunction. Sat there for ages trying to get out onto the main road. Once everybody realised that the lights were stuck on red, we just all piled out.

The new pedestrian routes didn't fully work either as quite a few ignored the signs and just went through the car parks. Don't know why, because it took me the same time to walk back to the car as it's always done.

There must have been a malfunction. Sat there for ages trying to get out onto the main road. Once everybody realised that the lights were stuck on red, we just all piled out.

The new pedestrian routes didn't fully work either as quite a few ignored the signs and just went through the car parks. Don't know why, because it took me the same time to walk back to the car as it's always done.

Ah rite

Hundreds just walked through the car park as normal unchallenged. Going to do the same next time

I assume reducing AT Way to one lane was to give a wider pavement for pedestrians but they could have left it as two lanes as the right lane couldn't turn into Briscoe Lane.
It looked like all cars leaving on sport City Way had to turn left onto AT Way (not sure about that though) so it's no wonder it took so long to get out the car park. It made no difference to me as a pedestrian getting to a car park on Bradford Road.

No wider pavement - the merge into the right lane was simply to allow for cars coming into the left lane at gate 1.

Anyone know if cars could turn right at gate 2? If not, that will just mean if everyone has to go left, anyone who wants to go east or south will have to go a long way round (and possibly come back into the congestion, adding to it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.