Matchday "safety" changes

No wider pavement - the merge into the right lane was simply to allow for cars coming into the left lane at gate 1.

Anyone know if cars could turn right at gate 2? If not, that will just mean if everyone has to go left, anyone who wants to go east or south will have to go a long way round (and possibly come back into the congestion, adding to it).

No right turn at Gate 2 yesterday, barriers up to allow pedestrians to cross AT Way at the lights.
Wide pavement on that side of the road with 1 lane of ATW closed southbound for pedestrians as far as Briscoe Lane

Patted down 1st time ever no matter which stand I was in.
No queue at the time, entrance M1 for South Stand level 3.

Young lad behind me had a dangerous plastic bottle of water with plastic cap taken off him, obviously more dangerous than the ones they sell inside the ground.

Fuckers, cos sometimes I have to take tablets depending on the time the match is on.

No wider pavement - the merge into the right lane was simply to allow for cars coming into the left lane at gate 1.

Anyone know if cars could turn right at gate 2? If not, that will just mean if everyone has to go left, anyone who wants to go east or south will have to go a long way round (and possibly come back into the congestion, adding to it).

No, only left, people were going left, up to Vermillion and then doing a U-turn

Coach took about 30mins longer to get out of the car park with traffic on AT Way down to one lane on the approach to gate 1. Let's see if it settles down for future games before criticising the changes.

Yeah, same as our coach. The entire arrangements seemed to be a shambles. Arrived back in Carlisle at 11pm which was well later than normal.
I agree that we need to wait for it to settle down but we have rarely had a serious problem getting out of the coach park in the past and if last night was a sign of things to come then City may need to have a rethink.
I also don't see how stopping pedestrian access through Gate 1 before the game achieved anything other than an extra few minutes diversion for fans heading that way. Again we never had a problem in the past. Change for change sake ?

We are now in SS3 and went through M1. They checked my bag as it had a few things in for my nephew. The second lad asked if my bag had been checked and didn't even bother with the pat down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.