Mate arrested

SteWadda said:
Am I allowed to wear at City shirt at the derby or will I be thrown out for provoking rags.

Are City playing? if so then certainly, though if you are going to one of the rags many other derbys (like Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc), then I would suggest caution.

SteWadda said:
Am I allowed to wear at City shirt at the derby or will I be thrown out for provoking rags.

Yes, but you certainly can't sing any songs about them in case you force one of them to throw a coin at someones eye.

In fact to be on the safe side I recommend not celebrating any of our goals. That can be really upsetting to an opposition supporter.

moomba said:
SteWadda said:

Yes, but you certainly can't sing any songs about them in case you force one of them to throw a coin at someones eye.

In fact to be on the safe side I recommend not celebrating any of our goals. That can be really upsetting to an opposition supporter.

But doing aeroplane impressions is probably banter

grim up north said:
moomba said:
grim up north said:
Ajax had a fan mudered not long ago by Feyenoord fans, its as sick as singing Istanbul to Leeds fans, Hillsborough to Liverpool etc etc etc it is not banter and certainly aint funny

Wrong. Feyenoord are Ajax's rivals, whether you like it or not there is a reason to taunt Ajax supporters using their rivals as a means of doing it. Istanbul has nothing to do with Leeds other than the stabbing, chanting Istanbul is a direct reference to that. Hillsborough has nothing to do with Liverpool other than the tragedy there, Hillsborough chants are a direct reference to that.

I would guess that many wouldn't be aware of the violence between Ajax and Feyenoord, so without knowing why a Feyenoord shirt was held up (the guy may be a Feyenoord supporter for all you know) comparing the three is out of order IMO.

i would suggest that the vast majority of football fans are all to aware of the rivalry between Ajax and Feyenoord.

If the guy with the shirt was indeed a Feyenoord fan why is he holding the shirt up at a City game in amongst the City fans, if he was indeed a Feyenoord fan he knew exactly what he was doing and hoping he would be protected by City fans.

I have never in my life heard City fans taunting other fans by means of their rivals..
i have never heard City fans chant anothers team name
In all the instances I named somebody died due to violence if you think its banter thats up 2 you. In my opinion its out of order and some what sad

so you have never heard the rangers/ celtic chant or the city fans chant rangers at celtic fans a year a go

bluestevei said:
grim up north said:
moomba said:
Wrong. Feyenoord are Ajax's rivals, whether you like it or not there is a reason to taunt Ajax supporters using their rivals as a means of doing it. Istanbul has nothing to do with Leeds other than the stabbing, chanting Istanbul is a direct reference to that. Hillsborough has nothing to do with Liverpool other than the tragedy there, Hillsborough chants are a direct reference to that.

I would guess that many wouldn't be aware of the violence between Ajax and Feyenoord, so without knowing why a Feyenoord shirt was held up (the guy may be a Feyenoord supporter for all you know) comparing the three is out of order IMO.

i would suggest that the vast majority of football fans are all to aware of the rivalry between Ajax and Feyenoord.

If the guy with the shirt was indeed a Feyenoord fan why is he holding the shirt up at a City game in amongst the City fans, if he was indeed a Feyenoord fan he knew exactly what he was doing and hoping he would be protected by City fans.

I have never in my life heard City fans taunting other fans by means of their rivals..
i have never heard City fans chant anothers team name
In all the instances I named somebody died due to violence if you think its banter thats up 2 you. In my opinion its out of order and some what sad

so you have never heard the rangers/ celtic chant or the city fans chant rangers at celtic fans a year a go

No must have missed that ONE

No you mention it I do rember it done on the Kippax in the 70s but I'm getting old

grim up north said:
peoffrey said:
I've always wondered how Blues given a temporary ban for something ridiculous agree to set foot inside the ground again. I'm thinking of this Lad or the non-smokers thrown out for smoking. You're giving your money away despite really bad treatment. I think City know full well that the support we have is unmatchable in terms of any other hobby and also know that the Seasoncard will be snapped up by someone else in the future.

I dread the day one of the Showsec lot come to have a go at me. I don't know what I'll do.

unfortunately these days you break a rule, get caught, you pay the consequences no matter how harsh they may seem.

The problem is that not everyone banned / suspended has broken a rule. They're being thrown out for ridiculous things or it's mistaken identity with the smoking in the toilets at half time. That's definitely happened twice and I daresay more often. Some of the Stewards lack basic intelligence and just lob people out without thinking about it first.

peoffrey said:
grim up north said:
peoffrey said:
I've always wondered how Blues given a temporary ban for something ridiculous agree to set foot inside the ground again. I'm thinking of this Lad or the non-smokers thrown out for smoking. You're giving your money away despite really bad treatment. I think City know full well that the support we have is unmatchable in terms of any other hobby and also know that the Seasoncard will be snapped up by someone else in the future.

I dread the day one of the Showsec lot come to have a go at me. I don't know what I'll do.

unfortunately these days you break a rule, get caught, you pay the consequences no matter how harsh they may seem.

The problem is that not everyone banned / suspended has broken a rule. They're being thrown out for ridiculous things or it's mistaken identity with the smoking in the toilets at half time. That's definitely happened twice and I daresay more often. Some of the Stewards lack basic intelligence and just lob people out without thinking about it first.

The rules are not clear as well (yes we all know about violence, fireworks, hatchets, rascism etc) - opposition fans often sing utd songs and some wear utd shirts. At ajax, there was a MUFC banner displayed the whole game in the ajax end. Holding a rivals football shirt up is small change in comparison IMO. City make a big thing of guidetti in the programme and city square - some ajaxs fans at the match were not impressed with this.
Its unfair that someone gets a ban without being aloud to air there view.

Howling Wolf said:
exactly showing feyenord scoring is ok but for one fan to hold up a shirt isn't.

This. It's far too much of a coincidence for Guidetti to be on front of the matchday programe because he's barely played for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.