Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see this happening, unfortunately. He’ll turn 29 in May, and while he’s a great player, I just think we could have picked him up years ago if we’d been interested. Chelsea won’t do us any favours after selling them Sterling either…

Casimiro? 5x the player kovacic is and playing in a poorer squad. Not hard to shine in that midfield.

Heart says ideal for us. Head says City will be linked with every single decent Chelsea player with a contract / playing time situation. We just will. Chelsea fans will go nuts with him being linked to us, and that will be more than enough to steer Todd into keeping him. I've half a theory that's why the Ake deal faltered - Chelsea social media went nuts to the idea of their young player joining us as part of the deal. I'd play it that way, if I were Kova's agent. Both the agent and City would prefer him staying at Chelsea to cost a fortune, so we will pursue talks. I mean, what if it does turn out to be ideal and he does join us? Not impossible. Just unlikely, because Todd won't want the fan disapproval. He'd rather throw money at it - regardless of FFP - and take a hit elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.