Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been on the decline this season ,Enzo has been the better of the two midfielders .We would be stupid to way 40-50 million ,who has a very poor output (goals and assist) ,also does not takes free kicks or corners .
141 games for chavs and 4 goals,isn’t a replacement for Gundogan with those stats

I’m not overly excited by the transfer but I think that’s okay, he’s a very good player and for £25-30 mill it would be an incredible value for money for a midfielder at a peak age. He’s played for Real and Chelsea for the last 10 years and won 4 champions leagues, plus doing incredibly well and being vital for Croatia.

I get he’s not massively exciting but he’s some player and fits well, prem experience, but we’re where we are because we’re smarter than the others. He’s the exact signing to keep us on top in how we play and being another top member of the squad, its the depth at times which keeps us that arms length away. United sign Mount, a younger more “exciting” player, but it’s not smart business is it?

It’s shrewd, it works, it fits, it’s who pep wants, that’ll do.

Due to the turmoil and shitshow,its difficult to properly rate any Chelsea player currently.He has looked decent,if not spectacular,over the years,so hopefully he adapts far quicker than Philips.....who i further hope he is replacing.

Due to the turmoil and shitshow,its difficult to properly rate any Chelsea player currently.He has looked decent,if not spectacular,over the years,so hopefully he adapts far quicker than Philips.....who i further hope he is replacing.
I'd say apart from the last 3/4 months he's looked a solid squad player. Which is all he will be at City. Considering the issues with Phillips, I'm pretty certain most will be happy enough if he plays 6 and Rodri gets a rest

I'd say apart from the last 3/4 months he's looked a solid squad player. Which is all he will be at City. Considering the issues with Phillips, I'm pretty certain most will be happy enough if he plays 6 and Rodri gets a rest
Spot on. He is technically very good, he will understand how Pep wants him to play, he can be trusted not to give the ball away. He will allow Pep to rest Rodri which as you suggest Pep hasn’t been able to do with Phillips.

Thank fuck for that - I have been saying to my dad that I'm hoping it's in addition to Bernardo/Gundo etc and not a replacement.

Also think there are opportunities for playing in a double pivot with Rodri, and Rodri being more box-to-box. Moving into back 4 OOP and attacking in possession - Rodri is superb and has it in his locker
It seems it will be for Kalvin Phillips. But I sense one of Bernardo and Gundo are off.

I like him as a player and I think he is right choice in our current situation. However, I would really like the fee to be 20-30m considering he is 29 and has one year left in contract. We should walk away if Chelsea insists on 40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.