Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a sheff wed fan who also follows man city, really surprised at this signing, very uninspiring. Fans comment about this being a great signing and trust pep, phillips, gomez and torres have not been great. Watched city lots of times, sometimes the slowness and lack of pace is frustrating. I was hoping to see some injection of that. Time will tell if this is a good signing
Mr Soft.

It's a pretty meaningless comparison.

For starters forward passes and progressive passes are eseentially the exact same thing, you've just found one statistic Kovacic is better at and put it on there twice.

Secondly anyone interested in stats knows progressive actions are much easier the deeper you are. That's why the players with the most progressive passes, the most progressive carries and most progressive pass distance are CBs and defensive mids. Rodri has the most on our team. Gross has the most for Brighton, Trippier for Newcastle etc.

Forward pass accuracy? Who cares? KDB has among the lowest passing accuracy in the side because he plays the risky balls that could get goals. They're both identical but it means nothing anyway.

This is what a proper comparison chart, from a company used by PL teams looks like. More relevant statistics, and the distance from the centre is done on percetiles for other midfielders in the league playing that position.

39vpb6v5z3a81.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. Anyway, he still has some great stats. I also think Chelsea doesn't know how to utilize him properly. For example, he seems better for Croatia. Finally, our progressive/forward passes top 3 are Rodri, KDB, and Gundogan, so Kovacic having a significantly higher percentage than Gundogan is impressive, regardless of their roles, IMO. I think, in our team, this sort of ability will help tremendously with breaking down the parked buses.

We made a huge profit on Torres. Phillips has barely played and will get better. Gomez will improve too and was only cheap

Thats nothing more than wishful thinking,neither are currently showing that they are capable of being replacements when needed.

Is it just me who thinks he's a good player?!

No I think he's pretty good, if he's being added as depth I'm 100% for it. Tidy player, would trust him to play any game, seems pretty smart.

It's just if it's an alternative to Bellingham/MacAllister or a replacement for Bernardo or Gundogan I think it's a downgrade, also it's pretty short term and doesn't address the age issue in midfield.

No I think he's pretty good, if he's being added as depth I'm 100% for it, if it's an alternative to Bellingham, MacAllister or a replacement for Bernardo or Gundogan I think it's a downgrade, pretty short term, and doesn't address the age issue in midfield.

As squad depth I'm all for. We shouldn't view this as a alternative as Bellingham wants real and MacAllister is going Liverpool.

MacAllister also isn't the finished article like people are claiming!

As squad depth I'm all for. We shouldn't view this as a alternative as Bellingham wants real and MacAllister is going Liverpool.

MacAllister also isn't the finished article like people are claiming!
It was called a long time ago so don't think its a alternative sounds like its always been planned.

I think there is ability there that will suit our style of play. If he's being added on a squad depth basis then it's a good move. If it's to replace Bernardo or Gundogan it's a downgrade.

He's going to need to brush off the Chelsea cobwebs from this season too.

He must think he's won the lottery joining us, this applies to most players nowadays, mad to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.