Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a hugely exciting signing but a solid addition but raises a Q who is off. One of Bern, Gundo or Phillips?!

Not arsed about the £, some get obsessed with fees, let those at City worry about that. The Q should always be is he good for enough for the current squad..
Hopefully Phillips if we get him for 35Million and sell Phillips for similar we’re undoubtedly stronger than this year already 1 move in

I have always thought he was another Isco, who dribbles the width of the pitch and does a little pass. Looking good in isolated moments but, overall, not really productive. Bernardo was doing similar things at the start at City, but Guardiola put a stop to that quickly. Just because this deal seems close, I am warming up to him. Hopefully, he would become a part of the element of City's control in midfield.

So why are they getting rid
Chelsea need to clear £200M in transfers and wages off their books by 30th June or else they will fail FFP.

This is the start of the firesale along with Loftus-Cheek going to Milan.

If we can get him for between £20-30M he'll be an excellent signing

Not a hugely exciting signing but a solid addition but raises a Q who is off. One of Bern, Gundo or Phillips?!

Not arsed about the £, some get obsessed with fees, let those at City worry about that. The Q should always be is he good for enough for the current squad..
Bernardo

Personally really pleased if we get this one over the line. He’s in the Gundogan mould (I know Gundo is better) in the sense he can slot into any of the midfield positions with relative ease. He also might have an eye for goal but we’ve never particularly seen it in the sense of arriving into the box at the right time because of the role(s) he’s had playing in a load of dysfunctional Chelsea sides.

Also, don’t forget, he’s going to have Pep reprogramming him instead of Frank Lampard.

One downside is that I reckon it means Ilkay has decided he’s off.

Last edited:
Joined the forum to say a few words about Kova, as someone who watched him for a long long time, this signing should excite you.

He wasn't a magician like modrić, but he is such a smart player in a weird way, and what I mean by that is he is almost like a computer program. Which makes him an amazing system player and is really coachable. Sometimes he was a victim of it which would lead to mistakes. What I am trying to say very poorly is you can tell Kova, you need to do these 5 things and he can turn his brain off and do those 5 things perfectly for 90 minutes.

And if you have someone like Pep telling him what to do is really exciting.

Bonus: A famous moment of that is during an El Clasico trashing he was tasked with playing man to man with Messi and follow him every step, and one counter Attack that was started and finished by Rakitic Messi figured that out and starting slowing down, drifting wide and not even trying to participate in the counter and Kova almost stopped, got confused because he could have pressured Rakitic but he was told to man mark Messi which made him look like a headless fly on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.