Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 91238

I was surprised when Pep said Nunes was one of the world's best midfielders after we battered Sporting in the CL. Personally he didn't stand out as anything special, & hasn't done any time I've seen him.

Nunes arrived at Wolves to great fanfare, & again I was underwhelmed regardless of the hype surrounding him.

To say I'm surprised we're apparently in for him is an understatement, but who am I to argue with Pep & Txiki.

I've just watched 30 mins worth of Nunes' best bits on YouTube (I know), but when added to seeing him in the CL, playing for Portugal & seeing him in the PL, I'm STILL seriously underwhelmed by him!

I'm gutted Paqueta fell through, but I can't see this guy being the answer, especially as rumours are Wolves want £65m - £75m for him. ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

Our reported interest in Ezé comes as a surprise too. I see him as an exciting winger to keep an eye on, not a £75m target. I've only ever seen him play wide, but many say he's a central midfielder who can play wide.

All things considered, I'd rather Ezé. Nunes doesn't do anything for me, PLUS he's got a physical look of Cancelo about him!

I was invested in Paqueta who'd have been perfect for us, but that ain't happening now, so I'm putting my hopes & chips on Ezé, or moving Grealish inside & going with what we've got until January or next summer.

It's a no from me for Nunes... \0/

Careful, you can't disagree with the mob on here who will just say "do you think you know better than Pep, blah blah blah".

Or we are chancing our arm to get players on the cheap?

Value currently does not exist in the premier league. Player valuations do not match their ability.
Yeah, to me it seems the club are reacting to what Pep and Rodri said last week and of course Kev's injury. It's to late to sign a top notch player so we are scrambling trying to bring in reliable PL players.

None of these players; Paqueta, Eze or Nunes, are good enough to displace the regular starters in our team, so for essentially backups, the prices being quoted are ridiculous!

I don't really see the problem with some City fans having negative opinions about players we are linked with (who are not even signed yet) and express their concerns on a forum where potential transfers are discussed. If someone have watched a player 10 times last season and think he looked poor every time, that person is of course not going to think said player is great all of the sudden just because City are linked with him in the media. They would obviously prefer to see the club sign someone they rate instead, not immediately change their mind about that they think of a player just because Romano has tweeted that City are interested in someone.

That has nothing to do with not trusting the club, it just means their opinion is their opinion, not whatever the clubs opinion is at the time. I, for example, think Harry Maguire is a terrible footballer. I would still think he would be an absolutely awful signing even if David Ornstein would tweet out that "City have launched a 30m bid for Maguire" an hour from now.

I'm not particularly convinced about Nunes, he did not have a great season at Wolves and has never impressed much when I watched him. However, I do realise we a running out of options and if we do sign him I would obviously hope Pep can get the best out of him and turn him into an elite level PL player. More often than not, thats what Pep do.
There's a difference between not liking a player or believing he may not fit here or help us and calling him out as shite. Calling anyone Pep rates highly enough to actually bring in shite is ridiculous and IMO does merit the scorn of most BM posters. Using Phillips as some type of exhibit A is also incredibly stupid and a totally invalid argument when considered against all the signings that have hit big. I don't have a problem with anyone posting an opinion and expressing their concerns in a thought out way, but I make no apologies for ripping into posters behaving like total idiots and buffoons by calling out our targets as shite and using daft conclusions to make their "point". Given this club's MASSIVE level of success it is terribly disrespectful to come on here and annoy everyone with reactionary, way over the top almost propaganda-like nonsense. But freedom of speech and all that cuts both ways. Come on here acting the fool like a couple of guys did last night and expect to be mocked and dismissed. That's not bullying as some have suggested. Bullying applies to innocent people being targeted for no reason by assholes. JMHO

If our initial bid is "miles" off their valuation then this ain't happening
In all seriousness, what do you expect to hear?
Wolves to say, if you just bump that by £40 mate you can get the lad.

Its a negotiation for a reason. Look at Gvardiol and whilst we dont have that much time now, I am confident this can get done. Mendes will be working his magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.