Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, to me it seems the club are reacting to what Pep and Rodri said last week and of course Kev's injury. It's to late to sign a top notch player so we are scrambling trying to bring in reliable PL players.

None of these players; Paqueta, Eze or Nunes, are good enough to displace the regular starters in our team, so for essentially backups, the prices being quoted are ridiculous!
Not my money so not arsed in the slightest what we pay

Late to the party but can anyone summarize what Nunes would bring to our team?
Can't be bothered to write it again, but here is my summary. I hope it's decent enough.
We are not signing him because of the G+A. His take-ons, progressive passes, and carries are exceptional. He is REALLY FAST. He is a hard worker, box-to-box type, press-resistant, and has the ability to play through balls and dribble. For me, he is like a mixture of Jack, Kovacic, and Bernardo. Obviously, not as good (yet), but a great prospect. Most importantly, Pep rates him extremely highly. Perhaps most importantly, gives Rodri a rest due to his significant defensive contribution.

I think some are "underwhelmed" because he doesn't fit the profile of a shiny new toy. He is not the all hurrah attack type of guy. Instead, he is a hard-working box-to-box type with a very high defensive contribution. The guy doing the dirty work, getting fouled a lot, the guy who makes a perfect through ball, so we can all chant the name of the goal scores and think, who passed that ball? He is the one to play his way out of defense with excellent ball control and technical ability, the guy who is fast enough to bail out his teammates when they make a mistake and we are vulnerable to a counter. Pep loves him for a reason, and I think he is what we need right now, especially for Rodri's sake.

Late to the party but can anyone summarize what Nunes would bring to our team?
He's pretty much like Kova. Bit taller. Not as silky smooth or intensely focused in possession. But he's got really good strong legs - he runs more and kicks it harder.

Is it though? What has Nunes done to be considered at that price tag. For me he’s shown flashes of potential, but I’m not convinced he’ll be anything other than a bench warmer for us

Obviously pep rates him, but we can still question some of our signings
Similar to Paqueta for starters. Can cover both Attacking Midfield and Defensive Midfielder positions. An experienced player. And hopefully a cheaper option.

arf, PR is an horrendous business sometimes. believe nothing that can't be proven.

I'm "pushing internally" to get rid of a backlog that's built up over several days.
fa5939cf-cd6a-4cff-8bf0-14e756684884.8ed3511246782dc8788bf0ccd2b6bf8a.jpeg

Is it though? What has Nunes done to be considered at that price tag. For me he’s shown flashes of potential, but I’m not convinced he’ll be anything other than a bench warmer for us

Obviously pep rates him, but we can still question some of our signings
I think he's the sort of player we need though.
I can see him being in a 3 man rotation with Rodri and Kovacic.
Now Doku is signing, this lad makes more sense to me than Eze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.