Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's under contract, one he was happy to sign a year ago and which has three years to run. He should stay out of it and what will be will be.
Of course, that's a valid perspective. None of us knows the ins and outs. Having said that, my opinion is different. Wolves removed his release clause in January. Seemingly, they verbally (gentleman's agreement) promised him a move if a CL club came calling at a reasonable price. We are the best club in the world. If they refuse to sell, which seems to be the case if Nunes had to go to such extreme measures, then Wolves are a bunch of cunts who tricked him. His only fault in this is being a naive 24-year-old (at the time) who believed them.

PL players win in a year what most people won't in a lifetime, I think the least they can do is be professional and train. They can talk to the manager and his agent about wanting to go, and if the club gives a somehow reasonable fee (and Wolve's price is not a crazy one, although I think it's a little excessive for what Nunez has shown in the PL so far).

I can somehow understand a player like Mahrez striking: he gave them a PL title being their best player, but Nunez had a disappointing season with Wolves, and on top of that he strikes? Sorry, but that's two negatives for a player that is only a future project.

My only doubt is that we have a thin squad and we need the depth, but in normal circumstances, this would be a clear no for me.

See that's what I don't get, khaldoon told us our transfers are planned years in advance
How do you know he wasn’t a priority signing? That’s the thing with City, we don’t officially bid until we know it’s happening. The rest is just media talk in reality, it’s guesswork and leaks. We know Paqueta was a target and fell apart due to all edged betting breaches but was anyone else, really?

For me maintained his dignity. Same with Paqueta. I know other factors fucked that up but reports said he’s not the type to down tools.

He’s subsequently playing for West Ham and playing well.

No matter how you dress it up, this is not how to portray yourself. I’d hazard a guess Virgil the fucking virgin would have been vilified for it when he went on strike.
I suspect Paqueta would have gone on strike if needed. We obviously don’t know that, but we know the reason he isn’t here - that hardly suggests a man of strong scruples.

I think many players have done this and will continue to do so. We don't know what was or was not promised behind the scenes or the relationship between club and player.

What I would say is wait to judge him if and when he joins City. I would not put too much stock on what is going on between him and Wolves.
What message does Nunes send out to Wolves supporters? A disruptive self centred player, perhaps? I think so. Nunes should have kept his head down and concentrated on training and playing, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.