Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
£47m? Sure? Could you link a source?

I found this on SSN, 18 Aug 2022:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...g-lisbon-midfielder-in-club-record-42-2m-deal
"Wolves have signed Sporting Lisbon midfielder Matheus Nunes in a club-record £42.2m deal."

Bruno Lage's side will pay an initial £38m plus £4.2m in add-ons for the 23-year-old...."

I don't expect Wolves have paid full add-ons, and 5m on top. Do you?

I got it wrong. It was £42m not £47m. I still don't think it's that ridiculous that they would be wanting around £60m to part with him after a year and especially so when it's a club of our standing.

This must be the first messy transfer City have been involved in a long time. Going on strike when your under contract is not the way to act in my view.
He will have been advised to do it. Mahrez did it it to join City

Not a chance in hell that Nunes has done this without the say so of Mendes and City. Just to clear up any suggestions he has a bad attitude or isn't right for the club. Txiki will be getting Mendes to pull out all the tricks to get this move.
Mendes maybe, I don't for a nano second think City would tell him to strike.

If as the wolves fan has stated that he was promised if a CL club came in that they’d let him go and are now stopping him, then I fully get it. I suspect this is a Wolves leak to make him look bad but they should be mindful it also reflects badly on us in most eyes regardless of our influence. If they want to do business with us now or in the future they need to tread carefully.
It was suggested a week ago that he signed with the understanding they were a stepping stone only, so to hold him to ransom now is a bit disingenuous. As soon as City come calling some teams feel they can step up to the big boy table and demand silly money.
If this is true that he was promised a move if a CL club comes in for him, then I can understand how he feels and to some extent support his actions.

I would like Pep & Txiki to come on here and explain Phillips......it's quite possible he would be called a 'know nothing buffoon'....just saying ;)
A forum's for opinions.
Even the dumbest, most ignorant ones imaginable, I agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.