Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunes is the club record signing. I'm pretty sure they'd want a return on their investments. It's very naive for City to think they'd part with him so easily. Brighton is apparently lauded for their brilliant price hyperinflation on their players yet now we are scoffing and disdaining at Wolves for holding out for a much more reasonable fee.

Brighton's players actually perform though. What has Nunes done in his time at Wolves to justify an increase in valuation?

Don't get me wrong, they can ask for whatever they want but I do find it odd when people automatically expect a 25-50% mark-up simply for a player existing.

Not just talking about your comment but across social media over the last week I've seen people saying things like "Wolves bought him for £50m last summer so he's easily worth £70m now." Based on what?

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we have walked away. We go with what we have, rather than over paying for plan D or wherever he is/was in the pecking order
It’s not overpaying for him as he is worth what we are paying and will be a great signing for us . He shouldn’t have gone on strike but he is not the first . We need creativity in midfield as we struggled against sheff Utd abc only just got the win so we are not strong enough to go with what we have as any more injuries would really put us under pressure .

Brighton's players actually perform though. What has Nunes done in his time at Wolves to justify an increase in valuation?

Don't get me wrong, they can ask for whatever they want but I do find it odd when people automatically expect a 25-50% mark-up simply for a player existing.

Not just talking about your comment but across social media over the last week I've seen people saying things like "Wolves bought him for £50m last summer so he's easily worth £70m now." Based on what?
Based on 38 games in the PL, a big wage with 4 years remaining and the European Champions wanting to recruit him.

I would say in Football terms in those circumstances a mark up of 25-50% is reasonable.

I guess inflation is a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.