Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he was that bad the Champions of England and Europe want him, come on we complain when we are low balled for our cast offs let we not prepared to pay what other clubs want.

50/60m for Nunes in this market with four years left on his deal is not an outrageous price.

The point I am making which I simply don't understand is our negotiating tactics in this window.

Rice and now Nunes, offer sums we are fully aware that clubs won't accept and we are not prepared to increase our bids.

So why make the bids in the first place? We won't be held to ransom rightly so but playing hard ball for players that a club is prepared to sell only when their valuation is met is a strange tactic.
It’s not a strange tactic, we are a business and are run like one. We offer what we deem a fair price, if it’s acceptable then great, if not we move on. We bid because we are interested, and maybe we are trying to bring prices down to realistic levels again rather than adding to the problem by just agreeing and paying or inflating them further.

It’s not a strange tactic, we are a business and are run like one. We offer what we deem a fair price, if it’s acceptable then great, if not we move on. We bid because we are interested, and maybe we are trying to bring prices down to realistic levels again rather than adding to the problem by just agreeing and paying or inflating them further.
It's a very strange tactic with a couple of days left in the window, no bargains are to be had at this stage unless a club is desperate to get rid of a player and in this case Wolves don't seem to be in that position.

50/60m for Nunes in this market with four years left on his deal is not an outrageous price.

It's not when you consider he's an almost totally unremarkable player. Not saying he's bad or anything because he is good but good players are ten a penny. He's a good athlete who carries the ball incredibly well. Outside of that he's pretty limited.

The reason why we're going for him as our 4th (? 5th? 6th?) choice option is almost certainly because we thought he was attainable. Paqueta is under investigation, Rice got sold for well above his value, Bellingham chose Madrid, Eze isn't leaving Palace for anything less than £70/80m and so on.

I get your point about how we've conducted our business but it's been the same year after year. We offer what we think a player's worth and if there's no realistic compromise then we move on.

What it looks like to me is that the club know we need an extra body but we're not willing to pay the current prices for players whose individual qualities don't justify the fee.

There are no top quality options on the market and the mid tier ones are getting top tier price tags put on them. That's the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
To bid only once at a valuation the selling club doesn’t feel appropriate (which we knew) at this stage in the window is a strange tactic.
Does the first bid ever work, unless it’s a release clause. it didn’t with Rice, didn’t agree the first price with Paqueta. Gvardiol took a while to get an agreement.

To bid only once now seems odd.

I am not the one rating the player, I have not watched him enough to make judgment, but our scouts, execs and our manager has.

We have identified him as a player that would make us stronger.

So you negotiate with his present club and as said with the current market Wolves expect a mark up on what they paid, and it for me does not seem to be over the top.
Yeah your right, our scouts, execs and manager make a judgment on how much the club think he is worth. They will have a maximum amount they will pay for a player. If that's not enough they move on.

They say there is a 5m difference and we should just up the bid to 60m well why no wolves drop to 55m then!?

Think it's dead personally and that be us done!

The three players we bought though are top notch..
I was selling something to someone recently and had the same conversation but the other way around… ”can you drop it £20 mate?” “no it’s £40 as is!” “It’s only £20 mate…” “well if it’s only £20 then you’ll be fine paying the £40!” Wouldn’t mind but I’d dropped it from £50 lol.
Those situations are one thing but when you are talking £5m extra then I fully get City’s stance here. In my instance I wasn’t desperate to sell so was happy for him to walk away, Wolves are not in that situation.
I’ve said it many times, a successful business doesn’t stay successful if they just think “fuck it” and pay out £m’s over what they deem fair value. My long winded point being some look at these deals like it’s us selling items via marketplace instead of looking at it as an actual multi million business transaction that has repercussions financially on a club under investigation.

A good few of us wanted the club to sign Mac Allister, absolute bargain. Now the market is crazy. Imagine Kovacic and Mac Allister for the same money wolves want for Nunes. It's mad.

Macalister cost pretty mych what wolves are asking for Nunes. I.e £55m

No, it wasn't 35m, bedore you waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.