Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on 38 games in the PL, a big wage with 4 years remaining and the European Champions wanting to recruit him.

I would say in Football terms in those circumstances a mark up of 25-50% is reasonable.

Legitimately no offence intended but that is pretty daft.

He played 34 games last season, being a non-factor in the majority of them. He picked up a bit later in the season but was hardly the model of consistency, even then.

And the European Champions obviously don't want him that much if they're willing to walk away after offering about two thirds of what we were willing to pay for Declan Rice and Lucas Paqueta.

At no point during Pep’s reign have we given him a complete squad. Not once. But they’re best mates so no matter what they fail to provide for him, he can let it slide. He also knows he’s elite at his job and can pull a rabbit out of the hat with whatever players we have, or don’t have. But imagine how tetchy things are going to get when our manager doesn’t have that long-standing friendship with the hierarchy and when our manager can’t adapt like Pep. People assume being City manager is an easy job. Let’s see. We have 13 senior outfield players available. With only 2 injuries.

Legitimately no offence intended but that is pretty daft.

He played 34 games last season, being a non-factor in the majority of them. He picked up a bit later in the season but was hardly the model of consistency, even then.

And the European Champions obviously don't want him that much if they're willing to walk away after offering about two thirds of what we were willing to pay for Declan Rice and Lucas Paqueta.
And he was that bad the Champions of England and Europe want him, come on we complain when we are low balled for our cast offs let we not prepared to pay what other clubs want.

50/60m for Nunes in this market with four years left on his deal is not an outrageous price.

The point I am making which I simply don't understand is our negotiating tactics in this window.

Rice and now Nunes, offer sums we are fully aware that clubs won't accept and we are not prepared to increase our bids.

So why make the bids in the first place? We won't be held to ransom rightly so but playing hard ball for players that a club is prepared to sell only when their valuation is met is a strange tactic.

Based on 38 games in the PL, a big wage with 4 years remaining and the European Champions wanting to recruit him.

I would say in Football terms in those circumstances a mark up of 25-50% is reasonable.
Is your estimated mark up based on his 1 goal and 1 assist last season. Good job he didn't score 6 he would be worth 150m.

Is your estimated mark up based on his 1 goal and 1 assist last season. Good job he didn't score 6 he would be worth 150m.
I am not the one rating the player, I have not watched him enough to make judgment, but our scouts, execs and our manager has.

We have identified him as a player that would make us stronger.

So you negotiate with his present club and as said with the current market Wolves expect a mark up on what they paid, and it for me does not seem to be over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.