Matija Nastasić

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 31m
Telegraph: Nastasic set to turn down loan moves to Everton and West Ham, will fight for his place at City if he can't find the right deal.

A place on the bench maybe. Only thing he can fight for is the 4th CB role. But if he has to prove he is better 4th CB than Boyata then he better leaves us.

If he stays big part of the season he wont be in the match squads only if injury happens to Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala and maybe Boyata.

Letting him leíve only on loan is the best thing for me, he can play a good season somewhere, even get his value up, and also improving.

Playing 3 cup games and max. 5 league games with City this season is not what talented 21 year old defender should go for.

Even Pelle said it clearly its better for him to play regularly elsewhere...

Nasty, dont be surprised if Boyata will play more after that now than you.

Damanino said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 31m
Telegraph: Nastasic set to turn down loan moves to Everton and West Ham, will fight for his place at City if he can't find the right deal.

A place on the bench maybe. Only thing he can fight for is the 4th CB role. But if he has to prove he is better 4th CB than Boyata then he better leaves us.

If he stays big part of the season he wont be in the match squads only if injury happens to Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala and maybe Boyata.

Letting him leíve only on loan is the best thing for me, he can play a good season somewhere, even get his value up, and also improving.

Playing 3 cup games and max. 5 league games with City this season is not what talented 21 year old defender should go for.

Even Pelle said it clearly its better for him to play regularly elsewhere...

Nasty, dont be surprised if Boyata will play more after that now than you.

He's had much more high level experience than Boyata but thinking about it, Sagna may be a better choice for 4th cb than either of them so he has two competitors for that job. Can't understand why he would turn down Everton if it's true.

DM proved you can do a decent job as a CB in our system without pace. Nastasic has looked lost though since Pellers took over and we changed our style and whether he can adjust remains to be seened!!

TBH Nasty seems like a model pro and great lad, hopefully he can prove us all wrong I'd be happy for him, he not the quickest but surely not as slow as DM !!

I admire the fact he wants to fight for his place!

I don't think it is about pace, besides Nastasic isn't that slow anyway.

It is more Pellegrini seems to prefer defenders who will step up and try win the ball, aggressive into the tackle, look to win the ball as high up as possible and be comfortable passing it across the midfield.

Nastasic is very much a stand back defender who looks to slide into positions and try to win the ball with as little physical confrontation as possible.
It isn't a bad thing, just how he plays. If Pellegrini doesn't want to play like that then he either learns the system or we sell him which is what the club are seemingly trying to do.

He could still go by the end of the day. Loads of interest in him it seems, but will there be the right offer for player + club...

LoveCity said:
He could still go by the end of the day. Loads of interest in him it seems, but will there be the right offer for player + club...
Got SSN on in the background and one of the reporters said Nasty wants to stay at City until the Jan window at least

He would keep Jovetic, Dzeko and Kolarov happy. I think he should stay as 4th choice and when Demi leaves maybe in 2015 he can step up.

It's admirable he wants to fight for his place but I'd rather he go have a year at a club like Everton and regain his form and confidence and then fight for his place next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.