Matija Nastasić

Deepest Blue said:
Never seemed like the same player since injuring himself on that shitheap pitch in Hong Kong.

Think the problem may now be mental/confidence.

Shame but if we get most of our money back he can make a fresh start and rebuild his career just as Savic has done.

I do think we are too harsh on our own young players, just look at the next big thing at the moment Blackett, couldn't lace Nastys boots yet only a couple of years younger. The intensity and pressure these guys are under is huge and yes confidence and the mental side of the game is huge but at 21 surely he is worth helping along for a season or two before any rash decision is made. If he was home grown then it would be different for sure.

MeatHunterrr said:
forevermancity said:
Why would Chelsea want an average defender? The lad needs a move ASAP, Sunderland or hull would be a good move for him, or a midtable Italian club
Chelsea wants him because he is not average defender.

Haven't seen Boyata being linked to the likes of Juventus and Chelsea... Still can't understand how the Club rates Boyata more than Nastasic.

How do we know Chelsea want him though? Because of one shitty article? Same with the crazy Boyata story. Nastsic was available all summer, with no suiters coming forward.

MeatHunterrr said:
forevermancity said:
Why would Chelsea want an average defender? The lad needs a move ASAP, Sunderland or hull would be a good move for him, or a midtable Italian club
Chelsea wants him because he is not average defender.

Haven't seen Boyata being linked to the likes of Juventus and Chelsea... Still can't understand how the Club rates Boyata more than Nastasic.

I don't think they do; it's just that Boyata is home grown/club trained and they need those players to meet that quota. Pretty sure that the club probably rates Nastasic a lot higher than him but their hands are tied. And now we have the Mangler so he has slipped even further. Sad though; I liked Nasty.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
The biggest problem with Matija is he doesn't fit into our style of football, his chronic lack of pace in our high line system leaves us completely exposed against the better sides.

People keep talking about our 'high line' system. This season ? Really ? Don't think so.

If this "average defender' gets a move back to Italy, he'll become a much better player than Mangala!

He would be very good in Chelsea's system. Not sure he'll ever be very good in ours.

Well we have cocked up often enough over the years with forwards its about time we started doing it with centre halfs.

Dunne and Kolo both had one more season in them and Lescott should have got more games last year.

Savic great in Italy, thrown in at the deep end at City and left to drown, great again in Italy

Boeting - Injured, didn't settle and we got our money back but it amazes me that many on here still don't rate him. Look at what he has won and two players a decade have the MOTM at a World Cup Final on their CV

Nastasic - It does look like he doesn't fit our system but I wouldn't let him go to a rival or anywhere unless someone stumps up £20M

I think he's too passive to ever be a top CB, even in Chelsea's system. He's too soft in the tackle, too indecisive and weak in the air. Top centerbacks back their judgement and commit to whatever they do, sometimes they get it wrong, but they are never afraid to commit to a decision. Nastasic just doesn't do that, he frequently just backs off, or weakly tussles with someone while they bring the ball down on their chest, where Kompany just wouldn't allow it. He needs to sack up and become more assertive if he's going to dominate in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.