Matija Nastasić

Nasta has the makings of becoming a quality Centre Back but his confidence is shot to the point where it is better for the player to move on to kick start his career.

Reports that AC Milan want to loan Nastasic in January.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ransferTavern+(The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page)

Surely if Nastasic is now surplus to requirement we should insist on a buy not a loan. We should no longer be a soft touch when it comes to loans\transfers and letting players run down contracts to the point where we get no money back from a sale..

Loan youth\EDS\young players for match experience yes, but someone like Nastasic who has enough first team experience here and with Fiorentina, then we should say to anyone interested no loan a buy only (and at least £ 12 million)

FantasyIreland said:
I saw a similar report a couple of days back that suggested a Jan loan with purchase in the summer.

I guess we may need to loan him to Italy to get him back in the shop window if he can't even make the bench for a cup game here.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Regardless of where he goes, I still don't think we should sell him cheap, he could still be one of the best defenders in Europe, just not suited to our style.

Is that the concede lots of goals style? We need someone who can defend, even VK thinks he's an attacking midfielder.Bring back Lescott.

fredmont said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Regardless of where he goes, I still don't think we should sell him cheap, he could still be one of the best defenders in Europe, just not suited to our style.

Is that the concede lots of goals style? We need someone who can defend, even VK thinks he's an attacking midfielder.Bring back Lescott.

The problem with how were defending is that we are trying to play like Barca have been for the past few years. They play with attacking fullbacks (with more pace than ours) and 2 ball playing centre backs, and they play with an anchor man in midfield, 2 skilled centre mids and 2 wide attacking mids/wingers and a skilled, mobile forward. The problem is we have no anchor behind the 2 centre mids and we don't press when we lose the ball like Barca do, so basically we have less pace and were lazy compared to them.

I think we should be loaning him to a PL club to help get him more experience in the league. He's obviously out if sorts at the minute, but I don't think he's a lost cause and has the potential of being a quality player.

dmbass said:
I think we should be loaning him to a PL club to help get him more experience in the league. He's obviously out if sorts at the minute, but I don't think he's a lost cause and has the potential of being a quality player.

i think this is one if the reasons why he isnt in the clubs good graces at the moment. Everton I think had offered to take him on loan but he rejected the move

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.