Matija Nastasić

If the club rates him so little now that he can't even make the bench for a COC game, they should be trying to sell him in January. Arsenal seem desperate and were interested in him, and there will be other underachievers in January possibly willing to shell out for a defender. There was a report that Nastasic himself turned down Arsenal and others on deadline day, so maybe he really doesn't want to leave and this is City's reply - drive him out of the club. A bit sad really.

Pubteam Lomas said:
capiloton said:
not even in the bench against Sheffield. is Nastasic have any future with us?
Definitely not it would appear.
I'm starting think the club are annoyed he didn't leave and have basically frozen him out.
Wonder if we needed the money from him and Negredo to sign someone else and Nastasic's determination to stay meant the deal couldn't go through!

that does seem to be the case, especially if we consider that we couldve let Boyata go and have Nastasic in his place (doesnt need registration for CL this season).

LoveCity said:
If the club rates him so little now that he can't even make the bench for a COC game, they should be trying to sell him in January. Arsenal seem desperate and were interested in him, and there will be other underachievers in January possibly willing to shell out for a defender. There was a report that Nastasic himself turned down Arsenal and others on deadline day, so maybe he really doesn't want to leave and this is City's reply - drive him out of the club. A bit sad really.

10m would be wonderful.......

Or he can sort his head out,grow a pair,and fight for his future at a club where he will never have the opportunity to achieve more.He'll never be first choice but he's shown in the past that he has a quality that could serve us well - it just seems to me he has lost his way.

Sad state of affairs what's going on with Matija. Rated as one of the most promising CB's in Europe after his fantastic debut season...now appears to be lower in the pecking order than Boyata. Still believe he has bags of potential it's just not working for him under Pellegrini's current regime which is a crying shame. An ideal solution in my eyes would be a loan move somewhere but if the club decides to ship him off, please sell him to a Serie A club as we'll regret selling him to one of our direct rivals.

Nastasic never put in a performance like mangala v Chelsea. People on here calling him world class, never right!

Good player but never mangala standard...if he can accept being our 'oshea' 'Wes brown' ie squad player when needed he might have a future..if not a mid table club beckons or an Italian club

bluechampion7891 said:
Pubteam Lomas said:
capiloton said:
not even in the bench against Sheffield. is Nastasic have any future with us?
I'm starting think the club are annoyed he didn't leave and have basically frozen him out.
Wonder if we needed the money from him and Negredo to sign someone else and Nastasic's determination to stay meant the deal couldn't go through!

that does seem to be the case, especially if we consider that we couldve let Boyata go and have Nastasic in his place (doesnt need registration for CL this season).
Boyata is there as the solitary Club Trained player so they're not comparable in that respect.

ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Pubteam Lomas said:

Boyata is there as the solitary Club Trained player so they're not comparable in that respect.

for this year they are, I mean we could avoid using the HG CT slot and play nastasic instead who doesnt need to be registered

bluechampion7891 said:
ColinLee said:
bluechampion7891 said:

for this year they are, I mean we could avoid using the HG CT slot and play nastasic instead who doesnt need to be registered
You mean just submit a 20 man squad plus the U21s? It would be interesting to see UEFAs response to that (not to mention Mr Whinger) ;)

I see the Roma manager wants him in January.
Do they have £25m to spend (the going rate for good defenders) or are they just another Italian club taking the piss?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.