Matija Nastasic or Joleon Lescott?

Nasty for me.
Lescot is a good solid defender, Nasty is too but the difference for me is Nasty looks better on the ball and passes better too.

Lescott was undoubtedly one of our most improved players last season and for me hadn't done much wrong this season. We all know his strengths and weaknesses but it seems Mancini just doesn't like him much, and I think when Rekik got picked at left back v Reading rather than sticking Joleon there pretty much has told Lescott all he needs to know regarding his future with us.
I've been very impressed with Nasty and am happy for him to continue as first choice partner to Vinny as he already looks at least as good as Lescott overall, and is just going to get better.

In a perfect world we would keep Lescott as back up for Nasty and also cover for leftback, but unfortunately I don't see him staying to warm the bench for too long

Nastasic is the future, he is still learning his trade so we have to put up with the odd error.

We struggled with some high balls into our box against Norwich. We can expect plenty of the same from Stoke. Lescott wins plenty of high balls so for me it's Jolean against Stoke.

The only answer is both. Nasti is the current selection and deservedly so but we really need quality in reserve and that's Joleon.

They are very different types of player though with Joleon being the old fashioned stopper and Nasti being a bit more accomplished on the ball.I would say that Nasti isn't as good on the ball as some would make out.More comfortable for sure but his passing isn't that great just as Joleon's isn't.His job is to d efend and give the ball to Barry or Yaya and they both do that well enough.

The big difference in Joleon's favour is his strength and aerial ability.In the away games at Newcastle and Norwich we were struggling with the basic lump into the box and as soon as Joleon came on we improved massively.Nasti is ok in the air but so is Kolo yet it's highlighted as a Kolo weakness!

mansour's tow ropes said:
i would never have dropped lescott, not for at least another half a season.. but you can't argue with how nastasic has played.

he plays at centre half in blue and white
Might have been said already(I'm not trawling through all 7 pages) but was he not injured at the start of the season rather than dropped?
I'm starting to go off this rotation policy and playing players to suit the opposition, especially up front, I'd play Dzeko & Aquero together for a few games.
Nastasic has been fantastic in every game(not perfect I know) and I would not drop him at all. Lescott was brilliant last year and is just unlucky that we've picked up a real diamond that is likely to play for the next 12 to 14 years for us.

r.soleofsalford said:
Caveman said:
Against Stoke this Tuesday I'd play Joleon.

I really like Nastasić though. I don't recall ever seeing a 19 year old centre half as good as he is.

richards
Not for me. Technically Richards isn't particularly good and at 19 he wasn't as good as he is now. Nastasić is the best teenage centre half I've seen.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 am --<br /><br />
Nelly's Left Foot said:
The only answer is both. Nasti is the current selection and deservedly so but we really need quality in reserve and that's Joleon.

They are very different types of player though with Joleon being the old fashioned stopper and Nasti being a bit more accomplished on the ball.I would say that Nasti isn't as good on the ball as some would make out.More comfortable for sure but his passing isn't that great just as Joleon's isn't.His job is to d efend and give the ball to Barry or Yaya and they both do that well enough.

The big difference in Joleon's favour is his strength and aerial ability.In the away games at Newcastle and Norwich we were struggling with the basic lump into the box and as soon as Joleon came on we improved massively.Nasti is ok in the air but so is Kolo yet it's highlighted as a Kolo weakness!
Yeah. The last thing I'd do with Lescott is sell him. We need quality in depth and selling our quality players isn't going to cement that.

Nastasic every day of the week. Big teams use defenders who are very good with the ball. lescott is terrified when with the ball and can't start the play from deep as good as nasty. nastasic is also by far the better defender when being one on one with the striker. Lescott is better for high balls but if we play our game and don't give teams like stoke time to cross we won't have a problem. i wouldn't play a defender over another one because he is better only for high balls. Nasty (if he avoids some injury and he continues like that) and kompany may well create the best center back pairing in the world.

Nastasic for me superb performances especially from one so young.Lescott been good servant but a little slow. Nastasic is the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.