Matija Nastasic

ElanJo said:
Long term he's a CB but I'd like to see him play DM instead of Garcia tbh.
I think he's good as a CB, unlike David Luiz, and he's still developing on his craft. It wouldn't be wise to mess up his rhythm now.

Akira said:
ElanJo said:
Long term he's a CB but I'd like to see him play DM instead of Garcia tbh.
I think he's good as a CB, unlike David Luiz, and he's still developing on his craft. It wouldn't be wise to mess up his rhythm now.

Agreed. Let him play where he is for the rest of the year and then you can work with him in the during some of the pre-season fixtures and practices about playing that position and if thats what Mancini, Platt, etc. want him to be or be to be able to play at.

The man is in very good form and is virtually unnoticeable during matches... which is always a good thing if you are CB because it means your doing your job. Its quite satisifying actually.

Really impressive stats. Higher than I would have thought. If anyone has the stats, I'd be interested to see how many passes he has attempted?

Other than Silva, it seems to me that Nastasic makes the most passes.

In any case, it's more important that his tackling stats are there. Can't wait to see him progress further.

More stats :

Average Pass Accuracy : 87%

Successful Passes
General : 490
Headed : 37
Longball : 54

Unsuccessful Passes
General : 37
Headed : 38
Longball : 15

Duels Won : Average 64% ( Got more than Vinny - 56% )

Tackle - 22/23 (96% Successful, his tackle stats compared to Vinny is better)
Fouls - 8/25 (32% Suffered)
Headed Duel - 51/79 (65% Successful)

So far he has done 90 clearances, 12 interceptions, and 9 blocks.
As for Vinny, 141 clearances, 37 interceptions, and 10 blocks.

Crescent said:
More stats :

Average Pass Accuracy : 87%

Successful Passes
General : 490
Headed : 37
Longball : 54

Unsuccessful Passes
General : 37
Headed : 38
Longball : 15

Duels Won : Average 64% ( Got more than Vinny - 56% )

Tackle - 22/23 (96% Successful)
Fouls - 8/25 (32% Suffered)
Headed Duel - 51/79 (65% Successful)

So far he has done 90 clearances, 12 interceptions, and 9 blocks.
As for Vinny, 141 clearances, 37 interceptions, and 10 blocks.

What are Kompany's tackle and headed duel numbers? You see I think Nastasic only tackles when he knows he is going to win it, and he doesn't get up for enough headers. He doesn't go in for 50-50 challenges. Kompany is a higher risk taker. Is 22 tackles out of 23 the sign of a better defender or is 81 out of 100?

Stats are not always an accurate reflection of what goes on out there.

DD said:
What are Kompany's tackle numbers? You see I think Nastasic only tackles when he knows he is going to win it. He doesn't go in for 50-50 challenges. Kompany is a higher risk taker. Is 22 tackles out of 23 the sign of a better defender or is 81 out of 100?

Vinny did 34 successful tackles out of 42. ( 81 % )
His headed duels 27/46 ( 59% )

You are right about Vinny taking higher risk tackles, he did 5 successful take on out of 6 whereas Nastasic did none. Vinny has done more clearances and interceptions and only suffered 12% fouls on him. Overall Vinny's defensive stats is slightly better than Nastasic's.

Crescent said:
DD said:
What are Kompany's tackle numbers? You see I think Nastasic only tackles when he knows he is going to win it. He doesn't go in for 50-50 challenges. Kompany is a higher risk taker. Is 22 tackles out of 23 the sign of a better defender or is 81 out of 100?

Vinny did 34 successful tackles out of 42. ( 81 % )
His headed duels 27/46 ( 59% )

You are right about Vinny taking higher risk tackles, he did 5 successful take on out of 6 whereas Nastasic did none. Vinny has done more clearances and interceptions and only suffered 12% fouls on him. Overall Vinny's defensive stats is slightly better than Nastasic's.

What about the number of headers too?

It's difficult to analyse really unless you have a stat per minute option. Also the stats don't take into account poor marking or whether tackles or headers won were simple or difficult.

It's why I've never been a fan of stats. A 95% pass rate can comprise simple passes whereas a 75% one can comprise mostly of killer passes, yet the stats say the former is better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.