Matija Nastasic

Sounds like the lad is settled in well and enjoying it here.....
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/January/Nastasic-enjoying-life-at-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... fe-at-City</a>

Matija Nastasic believes the first few games he played in English football have proved to be the bedrock of what has so far been an impressive debut season for City.

The Serbia international, still just 19, has forged a great understanding with skipper Vincent Kompany and the Blues currently possess the best defensive record in the Premier League.

It all bodes well for the teenager whose form has kept two experienced internationals out of the side for much of the campaign.

“I'm very proud that I have held down a first-team place because Joleon Lescott is a great player and so is Kolo Toure,” said Nastasic.

“I didn’t expect to play straight away. When I arrived I noticed in the first couple of games that I could settle down and had time to play my way into games and that gave me confidence.

“So far I've played 20 games and everything is going well for me at the moment. But it's not really important who plays as long as the team do well. Of course, it's very important for a player to do well in the first two or three games because you are still finding your feet.

“The main difference is that in Italy it's a very tactical game. Teams get a lot of players behind the ball. Here the games are more open and the challenges are stronger.”

With an aerial battle ahead for this weekend’s trip to Stoke, Nastasic says he has found difficult opponents in every team and each side presents their own threat and strengths.

“All the players I've played against have given me a different challenge so I have to be focused on each game as it comes,” he said.

“I can't say one individual has been harder to face over another, but everyone I've played against has been difficult.”

Matija also revealed he spoke with the man he replaced at City – Stefan Savic – before he arrived in Manchester, adding: “I had a chat with Stefan because he took my place at Fiorentina.

“I knew that he had a little bit of difficulty adapting here, but thankfully my transition has gone really well and I feel I have the ability to cope with the Premier League. This is a great club and I’m really enjoying being a City player.”

Graceyboy said:
I would suggest the best PL defensive partnership since Kompany and Lescott

I think Rio - Vidic was a better partnership. It brought success in Europe as well as domestically.

Plus the two contrasts in style are very similar to Nastasic and Kompany.

Graceyboy said:
cccc said:
Crescent said:
Vinny did 30 Successful headed passes and 22 unsuccessful passes.

Stats doesn't necessarily prove of who is better than the other cause just as you pointed out that it doesn't give us information on whether these tackles/headers were simple or difficult.

But stats does in fact prove if the player is improving overtime based on his football actions. Nastasic's overtime performance, specifically defensive performance, is increasing at a higher rate than any of our defenders which shows that he will only get better and better.

Kompany is clearly the better defender (for now).

These stats remind me of what happened with Ferdinand and Vidic. Vidic would attempt a lot more challenges and tackles and Rio would look better with a higher percentage of things won but doing less - now it's not to say that he wasn't playing well because of course he was but genrally the guy who attempts more challenges is going to come off worse in a percentages game.

Together though they are a force, possibly the best PL partnership since Rio and Vidic.

I would suggest the best PL defensive partnership since Kompany and Lescott
certainly they're the best defensive partnership city have had since Kompany and Lescott

Has anyone got any stats for the lad? My mate just told my my claim that could be best CB in the league this year was outrageous. I know he couldn't be more wrong, any one got any comparisons or up to date stats to hit him with?

Really like watching this guy play. Has a great future ahead of him.

Mancini transfer success last summer, huge.

Wonder if Nastasic is in the running for PFA Young Player of the Year?

SamCity123 said:
Has anyone got any stats for the lad? My mate just told my my claim that could be best CB in the league this year was outrageous. I know he couldn't be more wrong, any one got any comparisons or up to date stats to hit him with?

His stats for success rate when he's actually involved are top notch. My problem with him is how often he is actually involved in the nitty gritty defending, which imo is not so often. If you look at tonights game, he got bitched a couple of times by RVP but he didn't get embarrased by anyone, but he didn't do anything that difficult either. All the other 3 defenders kept making big challenges, as did Jones for them.

Nastasic & Wio were just sort of 'there' but not that involved in anything but routine stuff.

Wonder if Nastasic is in the running for PFA Young Player of the Year?[/quote]

Good shout, but he is that good he is like a Stealth Bomber who will be completely under the radar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.