Matija Nastasic

DD said:
What about the number of headers too?

It's difficult to analyse really unless you have a stat per minute option. Also the stats don't take into account poor marking or whether tackles or headers won were simple or difficult.

It's why I've never been a fan of stats. A 95% pass rate can comprise simple passes whereas a 75% one can comprise mostly of killer passes, yet the stats say the former is better.

Vinny did 30 Successful headed passes and 22 unsuccessful passes.

Stats doesn't necessarily prove of who is better than the other cause just as you pointed out that it doesn't give us information on whether these tackles/headers were simple or difficult.

But stats does in fact prove if the player is improving overtime based on his football actions. Nastasic's overtime performance, specifically defensive performance, is increasing at a higher rate than any of our defenders which shows that he will only get better and better.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-matija-nastasic-backed-1549617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ed-1549617</a>

Top tackler in the league ...how about that?!

Nice piece but sorry for Lescott that we found a gem and he has been replaced>_<

BringBackSwales said:
toffee balls said:
Thought he had his worst game in a city shirt on Saturday and he still played very well.

???? watched him closely on Saturday and he never put a foot, or a head, wrong

I was at the game and .. agreed...
We have a good young prsospect here

Half a season into his debut premiership season I think it's fair to say he's not just going to be one hell of a player but he is one hell of a player already. He seems to have it all, his reading of the game is immense. The acid test will be when he makes that inevitable mistake that leads to a goal, hopefully it doesn't dent his confidence.

Up there with Zabaleta, Clichy and Barry for my player of the season at this point.

I know a lot of people want to see the back of Kolarov and Dzeko in this window or in the summer, but they could prove vital to his development both on and off the pitch.

dom said:
BringBackSwales said:
toffee balls said:
Thought he had his worst game in a city shirt on Saturday and he still played very well.

???? watched him closely on Saturday and he never put a foot, or a head, wrong

I was at the game and .. agreed...
We have a good young prsospect here

Not quite true,early in the 2nd half he attempted a short/routine pass to Clichy? and put the ball straight out of play.

However,if a singular mistake is all there is to be found,i'll take that!

alky313 said:
Is it possible that he is already world class?

Just asking. He's almost never at fault for a goal.

He has nearly all the attributes but still a few years away from that. It will be interesting to see how Nastasic does in both in England and in Europe.

You don't need all these friggin stats to tell you he's got a talent at 19 which will only mature and he should become one of the best central defenders in Europe within 5 years.
The only downsides I can see are that he doesn't win enough balls in the air when playing against big centre forwards and distribution is good but on the rare occasion he gives it away it's pretty major.
Thankfully not much have come from his rare mistakes.

For a lad of 19 he's exeptional!!
He has one of the best to learn from alongside him and he will be a far more rounded defender after a few more European campaignes.
If he buys in and settles well in this country we're looking at a potential player, like Zabba, who has fully bought into City and is happy doing the job he loves and just gets better and better!
I think if this is the case for Matija he can really become a world class defender who wouldn't want to sign for anyone else ...Barca, Real et al!
A City legend in the making!

Crescent said:

Stats doesn't necessarily prove of who is better than the other cause just as you pointed out that it doesn't give us information on whether these tackles/headers were simple or difficult.

But stats does in fact prove if the player is improving overtime based on his football actions. Nastasic's overtime performance, specifically defensive performance, is increasing at a higher rate than any of our defenders which shows that he will only get better and better.

Kompany is clearly the better defender (for now).

These stats remind me of what happened with Ferdinand and Vidic. Vidic would attempt a lot more challenges and tackles and Rio would look better with a higher percentage of things won but doing less - now it's not to say that he wasn't playing well because of course he was but genrally the guy who attempts more challenges is going to come off worse in a percentages game.

Together though they are a force, possibly the best PL partnership since Rio and Vidic.

cccc said:
Crescent said:

Kompany is clearly the better defender (for now).

These stats remind me of what happened with Ferdinand and Vidic. Vidic would attempt a lot more challenges and tackles and Rio would look better with a higher percentage of things won but doing less - now it's not to say that he wasn't playing well because of course he was but genrally the guy who attempts more challenges is going to come off worse in a percentages game.

Together though they are a force, possibly the best PL partnership since Rio and Vidic.

I would suggest the best PL defensive partnership since Kompany and Lescott

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.