Matija Nastasic

cccc said:
Graceyboy said:
I would suggest the best PL defensive partnership since Kompany and Lescott

I think Rio - Vidic was a better partnership. It brought success in Europe as well as domestically.

Plus the two contrasts in style are very similar to Nastasic and Kompany.

In fairness they have only been together 1 season and are both young players. One is practically an infant. The others have many years of service. Let's see where they are in 10 years.

adrianr said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Wow. Is he really just 19?

The calmness and composure he shows, at that age, is truly astonishing.

We, boys and girls, have an absolute gem on our hands.

He's 20, by all of about a week iirc.

Big Phil Jones is twenty one and a massive player.

Neville Kneville said:
SamCity123 said:
Has anyone got any stats for the lad? My mate just told my my claim that could be best CB in the league this year was outrageous. I know he couldn't be more wrong, any one got any comparisons or up to date stats to hit him with?

His stats for success rate when he's actually involved are top notch. My problem with him is how often he is actually involved in the nitty gritty defending, which imo is not so often. If you look at tonights game, he got bitched a couple of times by RVP but he didn't get embarrased by anyone, but he didn't do anything that difficult either. All the other 3 defenders kept making big challenges, as did Jones for them.

Nastasic & Wio were just sort of 'there' but not that involved in anything but routine stuff.

It's called 'good positional sense'. Nas doesn't get dragged out of position often, and he's neat and tidy. Rarely has to commit to a last gasp tackle. The boy is CLASS!

Absolutely immense, a gem of a signing and someone who will sit in our defence for a long, long time to come.

The fact that he's often not "noticeable" is a testament to his superb positioning and skillful reading of the game. He's very zen; does what needs to be done and doesn't try to death tackle the opposition like a lot of young eager beavers. Quiet storm of a player. He's beginning to inspire the sort of trust we've all built up in Vinny over the years. The feeling that it's going to take a bit of brilliance to beat us, because Nasty Nas will be perfectly positioned defensively and his passing will give nothing away. I love that feeling.

As one of his biggest fans, I thought he could have been more aggressive yesterday and his usually exceptionally good passing was a bit wayward. Thing is though, he doesn't make mistakes. Even though he wasn't completely solid he was positioned well enough to stop any danger - that and the fact that United weren't really threatening a whole lot.

Really think he deserves the Young Player of the Year though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.