Matija Nastasic

Nastasic is far better than Lescott already. And has earned his place above him. Can't take seriously anyone who thinks otherwise. Lescott is a very good defender but if he wants regular football he has to move on.

BlueCityfan said:
Nastasic is far better than Lescott already. And has earned his place above him. Can't take seriously anyone who thinks otherwise. Lescott is a very good defender but if he wants regular football he has to move on.

Nastasic has been fantastic, I agree, the only thing I remain cautious about is his age!
He could go through a sticky spell, and if he does we need to remain patient, because he's already proved his class.
I think were going to sign a CB as well, it will be interesting the calibre of CB we go for, as barmy as it sounds Nastasic may find himself having to be patient next season.

Henry winter on talk shite today saying how much he enjoyed the match , and was one of the best FA cup semis he had seen , normally boring tense affairs no one wants to lose, he went on to rave on about Nastasic , saying he must be in running for young player of year, I second that.

Lomas has a lob on said:
BlueCityfan said:

Nastasic has been fantastic, I agree, the only thing I remain cautious about is his age!
He could go through a sticky spell, and if he does we need to remain patient, because he's already proved his class.
I think were going to sign a CB as well, it will be interesting the calibre of CB we go for, as barmy as it sounds Nastasic may find himself having to be patient next season.

Don't think there is need for a replacement for Nastasic, even if he is still young.
But i think we definitely need a "3rd wheel". A top defender who is good on the ball and with both feet and can play with both Nasti and Kompany, and come in for either one whenever needed. Because there will be injuries. I don't see Lescott being that one. Mancini doesn't seem to trust him to play with Nasti because their both left-footed.

Lomas has a lob on said:
BlueCityfan said:

I think the incoming CB will be someone like Marquinhos/Zouma, a young very talented CB.
Unless we could sign maybe someone like Chivu on a decent wage as a backup CB.

Having Kolo and Lescott on a combined 200k ish a week wage sat on the bench yesterday is just crazy. Far better to have Kompany leading Nastasic and another young lad through the team.

Neville Kneville said:
cccc said:
I always want him to be more aggressive against more physical players when I watch him play - yesterday I think he did just that. As Neville Neville said, he was doing more of this. He did make a few mistakes yesterday but I think he was a bit unlucky with the one that lead to Pantimillion's diving save/block. He positioned himself correctly, slid in and got that touch but it wasn't enough and nearly resulted in the goal - so as I said unlucky.

Ba's goal was initially his mistake for losing the man, but Kompany made a hash of that header so it was a bit of blame for both of them.

He also lost the ball early on by trying to take on Ramires in the Chelsea half. Luckily it did not lead to a mistake but he shouldn't be making those sort of risks - that said it just shows how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet.

The only other time I think he made a mistake was in the first half where he fell asleep and Ba got round him, but he recovered and then made a mug out of Ba in the penalty area with that shimmy past him which was just ridiculous.

Basically, if he adds more aggression to his game he will be unbelievable. I'm sure of that. Lastly, his positioning was very good. Almost always in the right place. Overall solid game with a couple of nervous moments.

Agree 100%.

My only concern would be whether he has it in him to get that extra bit of aggression to which you refer & to out muscle big cfs for crucial headers for example. Micah, VK & JL are naturally more imposing physically & he will have to find it from somewhere.
Iirc he did pretty well against Carrol.

CTID101 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
BlueCityfan said:

I think the incoming CB will be someone like Marquinhos/Zouma, a young very talented CB.
Unless we could sign maybe someone like Chivu on a decent wage as a backup CB.

Having Kolo and Lescott on a combined 200k ish a week wage sat on the bench yesterday is just crazy. Far better to have Kompany leading Nastasic and another young lad through the team.

I hope it's not Zouma/Marquinhos because there two very good centrebacks with the latter getting game time at Roma. He's not gonna go to City to be a backup. Especially with Rekik being highly rated among City staff. I reckon if Rekik has a solid pre-season he can maybe in contention for a spot on the bench, if Lescott/Kolo leaves?

However, I think someone who is mid 20s or late twenties who can also play well in the centre of midfield would do the job.

You could have said the same thing about Nastasic, he was getting plenty of game time at Fiorentina but left there to come to us at a time when we were coming off the back of two years with Kompany and Lescott setting the benchmark for goals conceded and clean sheets.

Rekik I think needs a loan move, to somewhere he will play football. Not just get on the pitch but a good footballing standard.

Garcia is the answer to your second bit or Rodwell. Both played CB before but of course are more able midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.