Matija Nastasic

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I'm giving up quoting Nev, check the next instalment below, he doesn't actually grasp that the lad could be 9 stone wet through yet have more talent and ability than the 3 put together!!!!

I wonder which club has the best defensive record this term ???

oh hang on.

Interesting that Jones 'failed to stop Aguero from scoring' after he ran straight past Wio etc into the space Evra should have been occupying but was stood doing fuck all.

Jones makes the best attempt to defend it & gets criticised.

It is how you view these things indeed.

Jones was owned last season by an overwight Yakubu iirc. Turned like milk.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 pm --<br /><br />
BlueAnorak said:
Staggering criticism of Nastatic. Especially as it was Kompany who really messed up with the attempted header. Each to their own I suppose.

He did screw up the interception before Mata got hold but he really couldn't dop much else. I thought he looked ok and Ba caught him by suprise but that was down to Bentiez bring on Torres. Watch your man and suddenly theres two of them and no time to really talk to Kompany.

Ba was exceptional anyway, I find it telling that we only criticise Nasty for a goal scored by current FA Cup and CL winners with one of the best strikers in the league over a couple fo seasons. Meanwhile Lescott nearly cost us last years league title with that ridiculous header which Cisse sent to the net.

Tough critics.

NipHolmes said:
Nev in all fairness the reason Lescott isn't first choice is because of concentration. He costs us with lapses and makes silly errors. These errors aren't a part of Nastys game hence his inclusion.

We will find it hard to bring in any CB quicker than Kolo btw, that guy is rapid, even an ageing version is quicker than 99% of CB's.

FWIW Nasty is already better than Lescott based on all round game imo. Lescott betters him with strength and goals from set piece but other than that Nasty is superior. His reading of the game is way above Lescotts.

As for us needing a pacey CB I disagree, we need a pacey CDM, someone who can track a pacey striker and can also make a surging run forward, Garcia and Barry will fall short in this respect even though both are adept in challenging for balls and do the dirty work well. I actually think Richards should be coached up in this aspect, he makes great runs from RB and likes to play a bit, I'd like to see him play in CDM because I think he will fit the role. It's also worth noting Rodwell is very, very good at this too and he is quick. I think teh options are here, just depends if we use as such.

We need options of pace throughout the team imo. Doesn't mean they all have to play every game but I would like to have the option.

We have a good defensive record this season but imo that's partly down to a lack of quality in the league this season & on occasion teams have got at us when they've tried having a go rather than sitting back. In Europe we were all over the place whoever played.

I thought that when JL & VK were together last season, we looked more solid than we have at any time this season, but after a bit of a slack start, they were split up & now we don't really have a cb partnership, just different pairs each week. It's fine when we are on top, but we don't half look dodgy when teams get at us.

As you say, a bit of pace in def mid would help, especially in Europe.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:
I wonder which club has the best defensive record this term ???

oh hang on.

Interesting that Jones 'failed to stop Aguero from scoring' after he ran straight past Wio etc into the space Evra should have been occupying but was stood doing fuck all.

Jones makes the best attempt to defend it & gets criticised.

It is how you view these things indeed.

Jones was owned last season by an overwight Yakubu iirc. Turned like milk.

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 pm --

BlueAnorak said:
Staggering criticism of Nastatic. Especially as it was Kompany who really messed up with the attempted header. Each to their own I suppose.

He did screw up the interception before Mata got hold but he really couldn't dop much else. I thought he looked ok and Ba caught him by suprise but that was down to Bentiez bring on Torres. Watch your man and suddenly theres two of them and no time to really talk to Kompany.

Ba was exceptional anyway, I find it telling that we only criticise Nasty for a goal scored by current FA Cup and CL winners with one of the best strikers in the league over a couple fo seasons. Meanwhile Lescott nearly cost us last years league title with that ridiculous header which Cisse sent to the net.

Tough critics.

Jones has been mostly shite but v City he was superb & basically did Camelgobs job as well.

Jones was good against us but still Aguero smashed the winner against him.

Jones is only good at spoiling and when United play possum.

He's an average CB, a decent but out of position RB and a good spoiler.

NipHolmes said:
Nev in all fairness the reason Lescott isn't first choice is because of concentration. He costs us with lapses and makes silly errors. These errors aren't a part of Nastys game hence his inclusion.

We will find it hard to bring in any CB quicker than Kolo btw, that guy is rapid, even an ageing version is quicker than 99% of CB's.

FWIW Nasty is already better than Lescott based on all round game imo. Lescott betters him with strength and goals from set piece but other than that Nasty is superior. His reading of the game is way above Lescotts.

As for us needing a pacey CB I disagree, we need a pacey CDM, someone who can track a pacey striker and can also make a surging run forward, Garcia and Barry will fall short in this respect even though both are adept in challenging for balls and do the dirty work well. I actually think Richards should be coached up in this aspect, he makes great runs from RB and likes to play a bit, I'd like to see him play in CDM because I think he will fit the role. It's also worth noting Rodwell is very, very good at this too and he is quick. I think teh options are here, just depends if we use as such.

Richards with the ball at his feet....He scares me in the same way that Lescott scares me.

Firstly, I think he was a bit unlucky for the goal. The ball bounced in a strange way and it caught him by surprise, with Ba reacting a little bit faster in this case.

Also, whilst he could've done better with intercepting the ball that led to Mata's chance, I still think it was really good defending. That little touch he got knocked the ball into an area where Pantillimon stood a chance of winning it. Without that touch Mata may have had a lot more time to control it and get a shot away before Pantillimon could get there in time.

mccity said:
Firstly, I think he was a bit unlucky for the goal. The ball bounced in a strange way and it caught him by surprise, with Ba reacting a little bit faster in this case.

Also, whilst he could've done better with intercepting the ball that led to Mata's chance, I still think it was really good defending. That little touch he got knocked the ball into an area where Pantillimon stood a chance of winning it. Without that touch Mata may have had a lot more time to control it and get a shot away before Pantillimon could get there in time.

Exactly as I saw it. He was unlucky with that touch, but even that touch might have prevented Mata getting a clearer chance on goal.

Neville Kneville said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Shaelumstash said:
I'm astounded by these two comments, I thought he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. Especially in the first half, his positioning and composure were superb. Out of the 5 lads I went to the game with, 3 thought he was MOTM.

I'd agree with them also - was brilliant watching him from behind the goal in the first half, the way he reads the game is very very special, whats more exciting is Kompany being less relied upon, you don't see many centre backs bombing forward at 1 up in the first half of games, this to me is a vinny having total trust in the kid!!!

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm --

Neville Kneville said:
I thought he did some of the things I have been asking for, with some real grafting defending, & was having a great game except for one ghastly mistake when he let Ba run behind him, but as the game went on he satrted to lose it more & more by the end had pretty much caved in.

Only to be expected from a promising young kid learning his trade, which is what he realistically is at this time, as opposed to the reincarnation of Bobby Moore some are claiming.

Lescott was like his Dad when he came on, so much stronger in the air, & just better at stonewall defending. Terrible mistake if we let him go at this time. Too early to be relying on a young kid.

Hilarity comes in many forms

Every player in light blue was dead on there feet from 65/70 mins on yet you analyse this kid, because you disagree with peoples observations, as caving in - priceless and somewhat delusional!!!!

No, I base it on the fact that he sometimes struggles when he has a player on him & isn't as strong as Lescott in those situations. When Chelsea went to 2 up front, he wasn't very good & suddenly Vinny looked less confident.

In the first half, I agree with your assessment apart from when he let Ba run off him, which he did again 2nd half.
Personally think this was the other way round, that is, Vinny becoming suddenly not very good and Nastasic looking much less confident.

BlueAnorak said:
Staggering criticism of Nastatic. Especially as it was Kompany who really was the one who messed up (if anyone can be blamed) with the attempted header for the Chelsea goal. Each to their own I suppose.

Agreed. If anyone was at fault, it was Kompany, but in reality it was just a good long ball that bounced funny and Ba did a hell of a job to pounce on it. Was a really quality strike, the only real criticism you can have is that it wasn't take care of in the air. Chelsea really highlighted a potential weakness of ours with all that long ball play, we were very vulnerable and unable to collect possession even when we won the headers.

teddykgb said:
BlueAnorak said:
Staggering criticism of Nastatic. Especially as it was Kompany who really was the one who messed up (if anyone can be blamed) with the attempted header for the Chelsea goal. Each to their own I suppose.

Agreed. If anyone was at fault, it was Kompany, but in reality it was just a good long ball that bounced funny and Ba did a hell of a job to pounce on it. Was a really quality strike, the only real criticism you can have is that it wasn't take care of in the air. Chelsea really highlighted a potential weakness of ours with all that long ball play, we were very vulnerable and unable to collect possession even when we won the headers.

yup..I think Dixon pointed this out stating most of the game it was just Ba up front to deal with these kind of balls which was easy pickings. Then for this long ball you had two up front & Kompany seemed to have one eye on Torres sprinting forward and misjudged his header. Cracking finish from Ba, which was aided by a friendly bounce, which Nastasic anticipated going the otherway - harsh to blame him as Kompany should have cleared it in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.