Matija Nastasic

cccc said:
Neville Kneville said:
Agree 100%.

My only concern would be whether he has it in him to get that extra bit of aggression to which you refer & to out muscle big cfs for crucial headers for example. Micah, VK & JL are naturally more imposing physically & he will have to find it from somewhere.

I watched him since Fiorentina and he's made a big physical change since coming to City. He's got the frame, he just needs to be more physical and aggressive. Vidic is a monster, maybe the most physical/aggressive player in the league but I'd even say that Nastasic has more bulk to him. So it's not just about having the bulk, it's having that aggressive mentality.

I think he will get there though. One thing I like about Nastasic is as soon as he makes a challenge or a mistake further up the pitch, he is back and running back to his position. Shows his concentration is high.

He's a well built lad but he's not a monster like JL & VK nor does he have the athleticism or pace of Richards but John Terry managed to be a pretty physical defender without size or athleticism so it's definitely possible.

Neville Kneville said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Neville Kneville said:
It's only through playing games he will learn, not training, & I'm happy for him to play regularly but if we are trying to win the Champions League, we should make sure we have plenty of quality options for that position imo & not just expect the kid to do it all.

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm --

The debut. Keep up.

Nev get yourself off to bed chief - you brought up the lad would be suspect in arenas such as camp nou? you following........... class

You brought up the debut. I was replying to that specific point.

If you want to continue from where I left off, then re the Nou Camp, he will find himself 1v1 with Lionel Messi, (probably next season as Platini hasn't put us in with Barca in the draw so far) & for example, Real's young kid, Verane, kept tackling him when left in that position. Our cbs will have to do the same, as he will get through our midf.

Ok Nev, i know you're struggling with the coherency so i'll keep it simple

You're using ridiculous comparisons to try and make point - firstly gaging the kids ability against Lionel 'probably the best of all time' messi and weather he will play the same way as a kid who was horribly exposed at old trafford is pointless, Messi does that 99% of the time he plays, for me he's going to be twice the player of Varane and already more reliable!

Neville Kneville said:
Nev get yourself off to bed chief - you brought up the lad would be suspect in arenas such as camp nou? you following........... class

You brought up the debut. I was replying to that specific point.

If you want to continue from where I left off, then re the Nou Camp, he will find himself 1v1 with Lionel Messi, (probably next season as Platini hasn't put us in with Barca in the draw so far) & for example, Real's young kid, Verane, kept tackling him when left in that position. Our cbs will have to do the same, as he will get through our midf.

Ok Nev, i know you're struggling with the coherency so i'll keep it simple

You're using ridiculous comparisons to try and make point - firstly gaging the kids ability against Lionel 'probably the best of all time' messi and weather he will play the same way as a kid who was horribly exposed at old trafford is pointless, Messi does that 99% of the time he plays, for me he's going to be twice the player of Varane and already more reliable!

Nothing ridiculous about it. Chelsea had to go there & defend, as will we. And re Real Madrid, the rags defended at the Bernabau much better than we did.

I hope you're right that Nastasic will turn out better than Verane. He'll have to do it with 2 yards less pace though as Verane is lightening & imo pace is what we are most lacking with our current options in central defence & I would like us to sign a fast central defender to add to our covering options.

squirtyflower said:
Drewmanc said:
squirtyflower said:
he's certainly very comfortable on the ball and used it well but, to be fair, Fulham were hardly an attacking threat

Was just going to post the same thing about his comfort in possession and distribution, both of these things count against Lescott. I'm a fan of JL but can see Nasty pushing him for his position if he continues the performances he has so far put in.
at the moment I think it very much depends on who we are playing against
we haven't really had a chance to see his 'defensive' qualities and how combative he is
Think nastys a great prospect,and certainly played a part in keeping chelsea out late on.

samharris said:
Phil jones was acclaimed last monday as the best player on the pitch by the pisscan..

But who was it who failed to stop Sergio from scoring..??

Its all about how we view things..

I'm giving up quoting Nev, check the next instalment below, he doesn't actually grasp that the lad could be 9 stone wet through yet have more talent and ability than the 3 put together!!!!

I wonder which club has the best defensive record this term ???

oh hang on.

samharris said:
samharris said:
Phil jones was acclaimed last monday as the best player on the pitch by the pisscan..

But who was it who failed to stop Sergio from scoring..??

Its all about how we view things..

I'm giving up quoting Nev, check the next instalment below, he doesn't actually grasp that the lad could be 9 stone wet through yet have more talent and ability than the 3 put together!!!!

oh hang on.

Interesting that Jones 'failed to stop Aguero from scoring' after he ran straight past Wio etc into the space Evra should have been occupying but was stood doing fuck all.

Jones makes the best attempt to defend it & gets criticised.

It is how you view these things indeed.

Nev in all fairness the reason Lescott isn't first choice is because of concentration. He costs us with lapses and makes silly errors. These errors aren't a part of Nastys game hence his inclusion.

We will find it hard to bring in any CB quicker than Kolo btw, that guy is rapid, even an ageing version is quicker than 99% of CB's.

FWIW Nasty is already better than Lescott based on all round game imo. Lescott betters him with strength and goals from set piece but other than that Nasty is superior. His reading of the game is way above Lescotts.

As for us needing a pacey CB I disagree, we need a pacey CDM, someone who can track a pacey striker and can also make a surging run forward, Garcia and Barry will fall short in this respect even though both are adept in challenging for balls and do the dirty work well. I actually think Richards should be coached up in this aspect, he makes great runs from RB and likes to play a bit, I'd like to see him play in CDM because I think he will fit the role. It's also worth noting Rodwell is very, very good at this too and he is quick. I think teh options are here, just depends if we use as such.

Neville Kneville said:
samharris said:

oh hang on.

Interesting that Jones 'failed to stop Aguero from scoring' after he ran straight past Wio etc into the space Evra should have been occupying but was stood doing fuck all.

Jones makes the best attempt to defend it & gets criticised.

It is how you view these things indeed.

But jones wasnt criticised by his own !! something maybe you should try.

just saying,not preaching.

Lightning pace as a central defender is only needed for rectifying mistakes. This lad's reading of the game, coolness, calm and reading of the game together with high technical ability makes him head and shoulders above 99.5%
Will only get better

How the scum would love to have him, and how the media would drool over him if they had.

Staggering criticism of Nastatic. Especially as it was Kompany who really was the one who messed up (if anyone can be blamed) with the attempted header for the Chelsea goal. Each to their own I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.