Matija Nastasic

I've watched a replay of yesterdays winner more times than I care for now, and I can't come to any other conclusion that Nastasic did everything right, he kept his eye on the ball, which was coming from behind and over his shoulder, and made sure he was between the attacker and the ball at all times. He heads the ball to the keeper safely as he heads it wide of the goal, he hadn't seen Hart coming as he didn't have time to look, there is only one player to blame and that is Hart. I have no idea what he thought he'd do when he got there, what was he going to do catch it ? 5 yards outside his box ? or maybe head it ? head it where ? to another on rushing Chelsea player ? He was never going to be able to kick it, so again what was his plan ? As a former member of the goal keepers union, it was just shit keeping, a very fundamental mistake for this level.

Nastasic was blameless, however, that doesn't mean he couldn't do with a break, he could, he needs to consolidate his position as a very talented young centre back, but he's still got lots to learn before he becomes anything like world class. If he's left in the firing line, there is a danger it will ruin him for the future.

cleavers said:
I've watched a replay of yesterdays winner more times than I care for now, and I can't come to any other conclusion that Nastasic did everything right, he kept his eye on the ball, which was coming from behind and over his shoulder, and made sure he was between the attacker and the ball at all times. He heads the ball to the keeper safely as he heads it wide of the goal, he hadn't seen Hart coming as he didn't have time to look, there is only one player to blame and that is Hart. I have no idea what he thought he'd do when he got there, what was he going to do catch it ? 5 yards outside his box ? or maybe head it ? head it where ? to another on rushing Chelsea player ? He was never going to be able to kick it, so again what was his plan ? As a former member of the goal keepers union, it was just shit keeping, a very fundamental mistake for this level.

Nastasic was blameless, however, that doesn't mean he couldn't do with a break, he could, he needs to consolidate his position as a very talented young centre back, but he's still got lots to learn before he becomes anything like world class. If he's left in the firing line, there is a danger it will ruin him for the future.

And you can add to that if Hart wouldn't have poleaxed Nastasic then he might actually have been able to carry on running past Joe and beat Torres to the ball. Hart should have taken Torres out and got carded possibly red but he wasn't the last man, at worst got sent off and given away a free kick which we could have put Pants on for but instead he flattens his own teammate.

Blue2112 said:
cleavers said:

And you can add to that if Hart wouldn't have poleaxed Nastasic then he might actually have been able to carry on running past Joe and beat Torres to the ball. Hart should have taken Torres out and got carded possibly red but he wasn't the last man, at worst got sent off and given away a free kick which we could have put Pants on for but instead he flattens his own teammate.
We'd used all our subs by then, so had he been red carded we'd have been a man light and no keeper, so we'd probably have lost anyway. I just can't see how any blame should be attached to Nastasic for that one.

cleavers said:
Blue2112 said:
cleavers said:

We'd used all our subs by then, so had he been red carded we'd have been a man light and no keeper, so we'd probably have lost anyway. I just can't see how any blame should be attached to Nastasic for that one.

Ah fair enough didn't realise that. I blame MP then for not keeping a sub back just in case ;-)

Nastasic was not to blame yesterday . But I would say he needs to improve . The facts are he looks a bit slow at making decisions . He cost us points at Aston Villa and Cardiff . I think he could do better and think he will .

I rate Nasty as a decent centre half however I never got involved with the wankathon there has been on here over him, he's been far too highly rated and has got a lot of work to do.

World class defenders have in the main got that extra bit of pace, like Vince, although that doesn't mean Nasty can't get to that level in the future.

We definitely need to get a top drawer acquisition made in Jan, it's been long overdue.

It's Harts fault but just a little stay back signal with the hand as he was running back. I'd maybe expect that from an experienced defender but that's not attaching any blame to him as such. As it shouldn't have been needed anyway.

cleavers said:

Why didn't he just head it before it bounced?

Nastasic will come good. No one has really heard of Thiago Silva until he was 25-26. Nastasic is 20. Relax guys. Yes maybe another great CB can be bought but it's not that bad. I understand that it does not matter how old the CB's are as long as they perform. However, he performs really well already and especially when he's with Kompany. Relax he will be world class within 2 years. He needs to establish his own authority in the back line and that is hard to do if he plays with Kompany. His mistakes will serve him for the long-term. I am not referring to the Chelsea game, that was completely Hart's fault btw.

cleavers said:

This post gives more than an opinion, this is a fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.