Matija Nastasic

Dealt with the situation perfectly, headed it wide of the goal and kept Torres away from the ball. Hart was at fault. Why he still comes marching out I do not know. IS he suffering from David James syndrome and getting a bit bored? He did the same move away at Villa and got caught out. He did the same in the friendly against Sweden and got to the ball. What happened? He headed it straight in the air and Ibra scored an unbelievable goal. Now 9 times out of 10 nothing will come of him heading that ball, but still the fact something did makes you never attempt that again. Coming out and closing down the angle is important, but if you come out to early you leave so much goal exposed and he has been punished too many times.

Nasty was faultless.

Corrigan insists that Nastasic should have dealt with the ball in the first place, but that Hart then compounded that error – and turned it into a match-losing situation – by racing out of his goal.

“The first thing we should say is that the defender should have cleared it,” said Corrigan.

He's right.

Neville Kneville said:
Corrigan insists that Nastasic should have dealt with the ball in the first place, but that Hart then compounded that error – and turned it into a match-losing situation – by racing out of his goal.

“The first thing we should say is that the defender should have cleared it,” said Corrigan.

He's right.

I don't think he is right at all. Why clear and let them have the ball when u can safely head it back to your goalkeeper. The moment of madness by Hart is the problem. And I watched the replay over and over again. Hart actually stopped at the edge of the box momentarily before moving again, this must confuse the hell out of Nastasic. Also, in terms of decision making, Hart has all the time in the world and is facing the ball while Nastasic is under pressure from Torres and have to watch the ball the whole time which is behind him.

Neville Kneville said:

He's right.

He's wrong. If Hart had stayed where he was that was an easy take at chest-level. If Nasty headed it out, the entire Chelsea team, including Cech, would have been down the other end for a corner with seconds left. Nice.

No Hart fucked up AND NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME in similar situations. He's like a grounded Andy Dibble.

Rammy Blue said:
I rate Nasty as a decent centre half however I never got involved with the wankathon there has been on here over him, he's been far too highly rated and has got a lot of work to do.

World class defenders have in the main got that extra bit of pace, like Vince, although that doesn't mean Nasty can't get to that level in the future.

We definitely need to get a top drawer acquisition made in Jan, it's been long overdue.

The pace argument is moot. Vidic has been the best defender in the world over the last 5 years, and he is no faster than Nastasic. Great defenders have great positioning. Nastasic, I believe has this but for whatever reason his timing and concentration isn't at it's best at the moment.

He's 20. He will get there.

cccc said:
The pace argument is moot. Vidic has been the best defender in the world over the last 5 years, and he is no faster than Nastasic. Great defenders have great positioning. Nastasic, I believe has this but for whatever reason his timing and concentration isn't at it's best at the moment.

He's 20. He will get there.

Vidic is a warrior though,he has that bit more about him at present.....

Like you say,he's 20,plenty of time to mature.

The lad is 20. He's shown enough so far to suggest he can be one of the best. He is far from the finished article but has a very bright future. I think he needs bedding in a little whereas he has been thrown in at the deep end and expected to be a senior player in a very difficult position.

Let's not burden the lad with too high expectations. He had a great first season alongside Vinnie but can't possibly hold it all together in VK's absence. Twenty is very young. If he gets to be a top CB at 25 (of which every chance), both he and City will have done really well.

cleavers said:
Goalkeeper in sticking up for goalkeeper shocker.
Yep, Cech came out with something similar. Fair play for trying to defend him, he certainly needs some back up from those within the game at the moment.
The problem is the vast majority of us have eyes and are capable of seeing it for what it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.