Matija Nastasic

Funnilly enough when Chelski had a four against one in the First half his defending was Textbook. Needs a confidence infusion methinks.

For me its only because Mancini bought a player who reads the game very well and his positioning is superb. He should play in the traditional centre-back system with one attacks the ball, and the other one falls and cover. BUT Pellegrini, for me, clearly wants to have 2 centre backs who are very aggresive and can take the ball off an attacker before he turns, enter demichelis. Nastasic doesnt fit this system, the question is if he will adapt to it..

dwren said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Carl_Man_City said:
Seems to have lost his confidence a bit this season, give him time, he'll come good again

If you were down the pecking order behind Demichelis you'd lose your confidence too . He needs regular games a young talented player, many thought he was a revelation when he first arrived, I just can't understand the handling of him lately .....
How many more mistakes does this guy have to make before people realize he aint good enough....every time he has to make a decision he hesitates which in turn costs us or in the case of tonight could have cost him a red card...this age thing can only be used so many times......come on wake up blues we need a centre back we can rely on to play along side VK..
I must be the only one who thought the Chelsea player fouled him. Then one of the most disgusting things I have seen was nearly the whole of the Chelsea team surrounding the Ref trying to get a fellow pro sent off.Very raggish.

MSP said:
Boy is not close to what he was last season. Reminds me bit on Smalling, he also looked great in his first season at Swamp but went back later too.

Sorry, he might come good but I'm afraid Nastasic won't make world class player.

Kompnay didn't do him any favour with losing his cool in first half though, Nastasic was better in that tackle than Kompany and it was bit twattish from Vince to react like that.

Agree. Vinny giving him the mother of all bollockings was not the best way to boost the kids fragile confidence

People were raving about him last season, never got the hype. He isn't the quickest, gets bullied in the air time and time again, isn't strong and not particularly good with the ball at his feet. Would much prefer to see Denayer get an opportunity.

greasedupdeafguy said:
People were raving about him last season, never got the hype. He isn't the quickest, gets bullied in the air time and time again, isn't strong and not particularly good with the ball at his feet. Would much prefer to see Denayer get an opportunity.
We should have signed the cover we needed end of story.

chaddblue said:
MSP said:
Boy is not close to what he was last season. Reminds me bit on Smalling, he also looked great in his first season at Swamp but went back later too.

Sorry, he might come good but I'm afraid Nastasic won't make world class player.

Kompnay didn't do him any favour with losing his cool in first half though, Nastasic was better in that tackle than Kompany and it was bit twattish from Vince to react like that.

Agree. Vinny giving him the mother of all bollockings was not the best way to boost the kids fragile confidence

It didn't even look like Vinnies ball - Gary Neville used to rave about Nastasic - I just think he needs regular games. Looked a good defender when he first arrived

TrueBlue1705 said:
chaddblue said:
MSP said:

It didn't even look like Vinnies ball - Gary Neville used to rave about Nastasic - I just think he needs regular games. Looked a good defender when he first arrived

From EL3 it definitely looked more like Nasty's ball and Vinny should have left it to him unless Vinny had shouted.

Last season he played in a defensive scheme where one mistake usually didn't matter because Hart would be onto any player who got past him. This season he's 5 yards further forward and one mistake and an opponent is one-on-one with Hart. Pellegrini hasn't handled him well either. Bound to lose your confidence if you don't get to play (especially if you play well).

BlueAnorak said:
Last season he played in a defensive scheme where one mistake usually didn't matter because Hart would be onto any player who got past him. This season he's 5 yards further forward and one mistake and an opponent is one-on-one with Hart. Pellegrini hasn't handled him well either. Bound to lose your confidence if you don't get to play (especially if you play well).

Exactly right, great stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.