Matija Nastasic

He doesn't suit our new "attacking defending", if you know what I mean? Last year, if the other team came forwards, we backed off and made them try and play through us, which suited him perfectly. But this year, we defend much higher up the pitch and the CB's are asked to make a lot more aggressive, high risk, early tackles up the pitch to try and stop attacks before they even start, which he doens't look like he has the game for at all. He's not helped either by his lack of aggression in the air, he lets people bring it down far too easily for my liking.

Hopefully he can adapt, but I can't see how he can, as we're essentially asking him to completely change the way he defends, which seems unlikely

The way he lost the duel in which he fouled on the 1/2 way line was pathetic, his communication is poor and he is scared stiff of everyone atm. He is caught woefully short due to poor decision making, fook knows how he is considered better than Boyota on this seasons showing, at least he would win a header as would MDM in the same role last night, we can't play with two defenders against the top teams.

'As is' Nastasić is an accident waiting to happen, with his lost headers, fouls around the penalty box, pulling and hoping referees don't see it, but in a year or two, he might be the real deal. ATM, just does not deserve to start against any decent opposition. And that scene, Kompany yelling at him, was really ugly.

He was fine at defending in Mancini's system, but pretty useless in this one, where mobility and passing are so important. I thought he'd have a sophomore slump but this is probably worse than just a slump.

Sunny Coast Blue said:
The way he lost the duel in which he fouled on the 1/2 way line was pathetic, his communication is poor and he is scared stiff of everyone atm. He is caught woefully short due to poor decision making, fook knows how he is considered better than Boyota on this seasons showing, at least he would win a header as would MDM in the same role last night, we can't play with two defenders against the top teams.

Don't know how much that cock-up at The Bridge has preyed on his mind. He's only a young lad, but he displays very little of the assurance he showed when he first arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.