Matija Nastasic

Looks a good solid defender who can pick out a pass, then you look at his age and realise if he improves (which he certainly will) he could become one of the best defenders in league. I said could, but from what I've seen he's got the potential and unlike Savic I'm actually interested to see him start and show us what he can do, mistakes are expected at his age but so far he's given a very good account of himself.

Certainly our best signing this summer.

Speaking of Savic, anyone know how he's doing?

MC ID said:
Looks a good solid defender who can pick out a pass, then you look at his age and realise if he improves (which he certainly will) he could become one of the best defenders in league. I said could, but from what I've seen he's got the potential and unlike Savic I'm actually interested to see him start and show us what he can do, mistakes are expected at his age but so far he's given a very good account of himself.

I think he's getting the old band back together
The_Verve.jpg

MC ID said:

New Fiorentina signing Stefan Savic was delighted to make his debut last weekend and is targeting a top-five finish.

The centre-half joined Vincenzo Montella's side in August as part of the deal which saw Matija Nastasic move to Manchester City, and finally made his debut in Sunday's 1-0 win over Bologna.

"I made my debut on Sunday and I'm glad it coincided with a win for my team," he said. "After the bureaucratic problems I finally played, and this is the beginning of a beautiful adventure.

''I am pleased with my form and a debut victory. I am very happy at Fiorentina.

"I hope that this season there may be room for me and the team will be able to reach the top five, so that we can bring Fiorentina into Europe. "

Not sure if he plays every week over there but he has played

Jury's still out for me he seems to switch off at times as we saw first goal but he is still a kid so hopefully he loses that habit.

kiam06 said:
Jury's still out for me he seems to switch off at times as we saw first goal but he is still a kid so hopefully he loses that habit.

The switching off is harsh.

One yes just one thing i saw last night was his command of the back four. Zabba had drifted back beyond the line of the back 4 and Nasti despite his age was straight on the case shouting at him to return to the holding line. Zabs a seasoned international, yet he complied immediatly.

The boy in my opinion will Captain us in time, i do believe he is that good potentially.

Re: Nastasic (sp)

Champions2012! said:
You mean the guy who gave away a silly corner from which ajax scored?

If you're implying he was the cause of the goal then you are extremely short sighted pal. He might have given away a corner but this doesn't make him soley at fault for the goal. We should have cleared that corner easily. Everyone switched off.

Rascal said:
kiam06 said:

One yes just one thing i saw last night was his command of the back four. Zabba had drifted back beyond the line of the back 4 and Nasti despite his age was straight on the case shouting at him to return to the holding line. Zabs a seasoned international, yet he complied immediatly.

The boy in my opinion will Captain us in time, i do believe he is that good potentially.

Could not agree more

Rascal said:
kiam06 said:

Good catch. You can tell how much Kompany trusts him with how often he looks to pass to him. The opposite happened with Savic - I'm not throwing dirt on him here either just saying it how it is.

cccc said:
Rascal said:
kiam06 said:

Good catch. You can tell how much Kompany trusts him with how often he looks to pass to him. The opposite happened with Savic - I'm not throwing dirt on him here either just saying it how it is.

Savic had no obvious capabilities to work on, wheras Nastasic does have plenty, but he is still a kid & shouldn't become number one choice for the champions unless he is playing absolutely fantastic, undroppable football, which he isn't, he is making regular mistakes.

Last season's first choice back 4 was the best in the country & we should do our best to get it playing together regularly, with Nastasic as backup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.