Matija Nastasic

Like him a lot, think this season will be about bedding him into the first team. Rotating with Lescott. Don't know how effective that will be.

Then I'd expect Joleon to move on next summer, or he'd be going into the last year of his contract it doesn't look like we're going to renew. Considering the fee we paid I doubt they'd be alright with that.

Been a great player for us though, and I think he'll be great this season too.

He didn't really have anything to do v Fulham but the impressive thing was that after a real stinking last 30/40 mins v Villa, he didn't let that bother him v Fulham & just quietly & calmly got on with his job.

In the same circumstances, Savic would have engineered some kind of defensive catastrophe out of nothing.

Nastasic is a much better prospect.

Too early to say yet but not done anything wrong so far. I'm more interested in how good a defender he is rather than how good he is on the ball ( which is a bonus but not the main attribute ). Lescott is a limited defender but a very good one and as United have proven you need at least 4 top class centre backs to cover the inevitable injuries, suspensions and rotation. Last season if Kompany did not play we looked crap. We need to get to the stage where we can cope adequately, even in say matches against United and Chelsea. So I hope Jolean stays and we add another top class defender. I know keeping them all happy is tough but at our current level all our players need to be top class.

His conversation with Joe Evans (Don't know who he is either) on twitter was quite funny

Nastasic:
today big test of the kids! I thank all those who say that I played well #MCFC

18h Joe Evans ‏@JoePedroEvans
@NastasicOfficia Youre decent you are. Better than that wanker savic.

17h Matija Nastasic ‏@NastasicOfficia
@JoePedroEvans I wish good luck to savic because the Fiorentina will remain in my heart

17h Joe Evans ‏@JoePedroEvans
@NastasicOfficia That's fair enough, I respect such loyalty. Can you get Jovetic to sign for city? Good player him.

K-Bo said:
Like him a lot, think this season will be about bedding him into the first team. Rotating with Lescott. Don't know how effective that will be.

Then I'd expect Joleon to move on next summer, or he'd be going into the last year of his contract it doesn't look like we're going to renew. Considering the fee we paid I doubt they'd be alright with that.

based on what lescotts one of our best defenders?

Goddamn if he didn't look quite the player against Fulham.

A few days ago someone mentioned that he may have been the best buy of the window, and I disagreed, saying that it would have to be Javi. I fear I may have jumped the gun a bit.

Nasty can play.

And if you swap the hook in this here track

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVHc7rBpO4[/youtube]

with these lyrics:

Nasty-Nas
The-Serbian-Center-Back
He’s MAT-I-JA
NAS-TA-SIC

I think you have yourself the beginnings of a proper chant, if not quite a song...

itisrising said:
adrianr said:
Odd as it sounds, I really want him to make a big mistake to see how he comes back from it. Defenders, even top ones, always have a mistake in them. How they let it effect them (the opposite to how Savic dealt with it ideally) is very important. If he's strutting about next game like he still owns the place, superb.

Certainly have huge hopes for him. Sickening that he's only 19. Imagine him being at the centre of our defence for a decade?!

He better make that mistake for Serbia and not us! I am sure Bluemoon would be calling for his head if he did make a mistake for us.

Exactly. If he's someone who's put off by the will of Bluemoon he's got no place in this squad. If he turns around and puts on a MOTM performance and shuts everyone up, bang, our new ball playing centre half. (I'm not talking getting knocked out of the CL sort of mistake, just something that applies pressure, which is almost as much of the game now as kicking the damn ball).

Dax that's a very good post pal.

All I'd say is it starts to fall down against good defences. Players like Riise will eventually make errors, against good defences like Madrid, United, Chelsea etc they won't.

That's when you need players like Mario who take a risk and force the issue.

bluebannana said:
K-Bo said:

based on what lescotts one of our best defenders?

Based on Lescott not getting a new contract yet and next season would be the last one on his current contract. Could still get renewed but they've hardly made it a priority.

We could let him run out his contract as well, not like we're short for money, but I think because we paid 20 plus million for him they'll want some return on that, so they might look to move him on next summer, but we'll see.

TBH I think Mancini's lack of trust in him, and his age will be the reasons. I don't agree with it, think he's been great for City. But don't think they'll give a 32 year old they don't consider vital to the team a new deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.